ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like FISHING!

Registered Member

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekFF View Post
    Bong you're really making me miss fly fishing. Did tons in high school, few years after that. Then now I ran off and got married and bought a house. But at 26 years old owning a house I'd say I'm doing alright lol. It's definitely on my must get back into again ASAP. Float tubes are the greatest. I've fallen asleep a few times on the lake it's so relaxing.
    26 and own your own house. I'd say you are doing great! Yes - float tubes are wonderful. So peaceful and relaxing! Hope you get back into it soon. Thanks for commenting..

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks for your post and picture of the White Sturgeon Chris. That things a beast, and l can imagine how hard it was to land off the bank, particularly with snags around. What bait do you use to catch them? Or are you using a lure?
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member BoiseDiscusGuy's Avatar

Yes it is very tricky to land the very large fish. Trying to keep them free of snags and also keep them out of the fast water as they like to use the river current to their advantage. This particular fish had 5 broke off rigs trailing from its mouth and gillplate. After a few minutes to remove them and snap a quick pic, it was released a happy camper...Many baits are effective. Usually a forage fish of the river ( suckers, small trout, bass etc) are good bait. My favorite bait though is definitely not a river native. Pickled Herring for some reason is an outstanding bait, although I dont know why as it smells terrible, lol, but they seem to love it.
    Chris

Nice looking fish guys. From the trout to the mighty white sturgeon, you all have had some awesome adventures!

Well if things go well this year, they maybe some bass fish in Kentucky Lake, and some sturgeon fishing on the Wisconsin River (only allowed to sturegeon fish once or twice a year and limit is one).

I must say though, fly fishing in Colorado looks awesome, well with the exception of the grizzy. I am a Chicago boy, closest thing we see to wild life like that is the Chicago Bears, Lol.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Registered Member

My uncle also caught really large fish at this weekend.I can't imagine this...really done nice job.He is also love fish hunting.

No doubt performing outstanding job...

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks for your contribution to this thread Allan. That's an awesome catch especially from the banks. Would have been great seeing that after hookup, dashing through the shallows. I'd love to experiance that myself some day, and one of the reasons l'm enjoying my fishing lots more nowadays, as it gives me te opportunity to try many different things while visiting new and exciting destinations....not to mention the great people l meet and make friends with along the way.

As l mentioned a while back,while in America last April, l caught up with my mate Bill who is the editor of Pacific Coast Sportsfishing Magazine. While complimenting the magnificent photos he shot during his visit to Tropic Star Lodge in Panama, where he frequently visits, he asked me if l would be interested in accompanying him there on his next trip?
    HELLO! Yes please was my quick response. To say l was very excitied about the invite is an understatement.

Check out thier website: http://www.tropicstar.com/

Bill And his Dad Bill Snr in action

Well just before christmas Bill contacted me to see if l was still interested in doing the trip in July? Let me just say that my tickets are booked, and my bag partialy packed

I managed to convince my wife Rita, my daughter Rachel, her now five year old daughter Izzy, and my son Mathew in doing a weak together where we plan to spend some more time in Hollywood, and Disneyland, before we part ways. The family is going to spend some time in San Diego, and that's when l'll be off with Bill to Panama. Then meet back home in Australia.....Hopefully

Extract form Tropic star lodge Facebook 'Tropic Star Lodge is a veritable paradise cut out of the side of a mountain at the edge of the Darien Jungle on the Pacific coast of Panama, a superstar among the world’s big-game fishing destinations. '
    http://www.facebook.com/tropicstarlodge

Dolphine Fish

Rooster Fish

Cubera Snapper

Almaco Jack

My trip coincides with Tropic Star Lodge's 50th Anniversarry, so l'm sure its going to be a special time to be there.
    Apart from the fantastic Black, and Blue marlin fishing opportuinities, l really hope to be able to catch and release some Big Bull Dolphine fish, Rooster Fish, Cubera Snapper, and Almaco Jacks

They run a fleet of 31' Bertrams all painted in different floral colors and named after different countries. I'm hoping to score 'Miss Australia'

Cant wait to share my report, and hopefully obtain some great pictures and video footage to share with you all on here....can't wait till July

If anyone one here has had any expeiance catching any of the inshore species l mentioned above, l'd really love to hear about it.

Cheers.

Joe

Uuggghhhhh... this sucks to look at after spending a day in the Charleston, SC harbor scouting out new redfish and sheepshead spots without a bite. I hate you and envy you all at the same time, joe. (I could've said "jealous" but that would be an understatement). If you ever get the itch to go for some sheepshead (atlantic sheepshead; aka "convicts") and you're near my side of the globe then let me know. One of those fish that rob you blind but when you do get hook into one then it surprises you so fast that you have a 50/50 chance of a shart. Here's to clean britches my friend...
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Uuggghhhhh... this sucks to look at after spending a day in the Charleston, SC harbor scouting out new redfish and sheepshead spots without a bite.
    Glad to hear that you're getting out there and having a go.......Remember that its all about the journey....not the fish.
    Thanks for the invite, you just never know. Catching Atlantic Sheepshead would be a blast, and an opportunity to make a new friend.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Amr

fishing in sharm elshiekh red sea egypt ........ my kids with Catching

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks for sharing that little clip fisher. Nice way to show some photos. Those fish look like top table quality. Good seeing the kids getting involved, and hopefully will continue to enjoy fishing.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Please vote for my picture......

Hi everyone.
    My marlin picture is on the short list for winning a small competition on Marlin Magazine.
    If you have time...and you like my picture could you please click on the link and 'Like' my photo.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6cbfb4571e

We actually satellite tagged this 1000lb plus Black Marlin while fishing the Lizard Island Black Marlin Classic near Cairns in Australia, and the marlin was released in good condition to continue its breeding cyle.

Thanks for voting.

Regards.

joe

Love seeing that, joe. Great picture! I don't have FB but may get on my wife's FB later and vote.
    -Elliot

Registered Member

It says link unavailable or don't have permissions so I can't vote

Real Name
    Matt

I'd kill to go Marlin fishing, i've never been before but its on the bucket list.....or to catch a Dolphin like this, WOW! Super jealous!!
    Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    -Matt

Nick Klimkowski

that Dolphin is beautiful a few years ago we went out deep sea fishing the biggest one we ever caught was 2-3 feet nothing like that nice job.

-Nick

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast