AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like FISHING!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

I have been lucky to be able to swim with the largest fish in the world a few times. Check out my latest whale shark encounter while on a fishing trip out from Cairns in Queensland last November

We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Ryan

I dream of fishing some of these seas you guys play in. Wow... Whale sharks. I mean jeez, i gotta get outta Kansas. LOL

For me its lakes, rivers, and kayaks. Been a great season though. This particular lake is a private 103 acre spring fed lake. My friend owns the property and allows me and another friend to fish it. It has beauties..
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post
    I dream of fishing some of these seas you guys play in. Wow... Whale sharks. I mean jeez, i gotta get outta Kansas. LOL

For me its lakes, rivers, and kayaks. Been a great season though. This particular lake is a private 103 acre spring fed lake. My friend owns the property and allows me and another friend to fish it. It has beauties..
    Hi Ryan.
    Thanks for sharing. That's great that you have your own private lake to fish, and looks like it has some fine bass in it. Do you catch them on lures or bait? Large mouth bass are on my bucket list, and hope to cross it of the next time l visit America...Don't know when that will be though.
    Thanks again for the picture, and feel free to post more of your fishing adventures on here

Real Name
    Ryan

This particular one was A shallow running lure. The lakehas wonderful crappie, and catfish as well.

Real Name
    Ryan

Ok... A few more. Lol

Crappie

My wife names my fish

Real Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10R View Post
    Oh hell yeah! Nice catch.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10R View Post
    48" Muskie caught 7/14/2016
    Very nice! Bet that stripped come line.

Niiiice Muskie. I've caught pike but never Muskie. Heard they can be finicky when getting them to bite. I'm mostly saltwater but can appreciate any fish like that for damn sure!

Went out yesterday at sunset and had my two young sons screwing around not paying attention. Big redfish slammed the rod next to them and thought I heard two kids shaft themselves with that surprise. Could only imagine if it were that Muskie... I'd still be cleaning the boat!
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Niiiice Muskie. I've caught pike but never Muskie. Heard they can be finicky when getting them to bite. I'm mostly saltwater but can appreciate any fish like that for damn sure!

Went out yesterday at sunset and had my two young sons screwing around not paying attention. Big redfish slammed the rod next to them and thought I heard two kids shaft themselves with that surprise. Could only imagine if it were that Muskie... I'd still be cleaning the boat!
    Lmao... Kids & fishing is always fun times

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Things have been a bit slow over the winter months on the fishing scene. Not that there's nothing to chase in the bay, its just that l don't enjoy being on the water when its cold and wet. Over the last few weeks though the weather has started to improve and spring is now upon us. On some of the better days i've been going out gathering squid. Not only are they good for a feed, but l keep the heads for bait to catch snapper, which will be full on soon.

12032714_10153499063935266_8001539511896419821_o.jpg

13924944_10154187895590266_7009065681694413574_n.jpg

I am going out for a fish tomorrow, and hopefully come back home with a feed of squid, flat head, and maybe a whiting or two

I started packing my bag today for a two week trip l am going on next Sunday. I will be venturing up to the tip of Australia (Cape York) where some friends l have there are going to take me to Crab Island, where the flat back turtles invade the beach to lay there eggs, Its also where crocodiles congregate along the beach trying to catch a feed. We will be camping high up on the sand dunes, and exploring for newly hatched turtles.
    While l am up North l will also be spending a week on a game boat out from Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef for a Marlin Tournament.

Hopefully l will have some good shots to share with you when l return, but in the mean time l would love to see any of your fishing photos

Real Name
    Ryan

Sounds like a hell of a trip. I cant wait to see pics. Be safe & send me some shark fin if ya catch one! Lol

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Another good day on the water today followed by a sausage sizzle with some good mates. Its always easier finding fish when you have other boats helping you look for them as well...but this time l found them for the group. Looks like we will all be eating squid for dinner tonight

1-20160911_102622_resized.jpg

1-20160911_110644_resized.jpg

1-20160911_110835_resized.jpg

1-20160911_123907_resized.jpg

1-20160911_125711_resized.jpg

Impressive seeing these trophy fish catches. Was fortunate enough to grow up on the California bay area delta and fish bass tournaments with my dad as a kid. Also had the opp for many years to fish trophy catch and release trout area in northern Cali.. Fishing has always been a way of life for us and we love it. For us here in the Cali delta area nothing is more fun that fighting small mouths all day long.

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Impressive seeing these trophy fish catches. Was fortunate enough to grow up on the California bay area delta and fish bass tournaments with my dad as a kid. Also had the opp for many years to fish trophy catch and release trout area in northern Cali.. Fishing has always been a way of life for us and we love it. For us here in the Cali delta area nothing is more fun that fighting small mouths all day long.
    Thanks Ryan. I have fond memories fishing with my dad as a kid, and happy that l introduced fishing to my kids and upcoming grand children. Always quality time on or near the water wetting a line. Would love to see some photos of your small mouths and trout

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast