ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like FISHING!

Default Re: Do you like FISHING!

Quote Originally Posted by bastalker View Post

When I was off shore squid fishin on a 155 ft freezer baot a few years ago (2 weeks at a time), we use to lay up at night (squid come to the top at night an ya cant drag for em). The crap squid we dragged up that day we would save in anticipation of that nights fishin! Then the chumin began!

We had pretty good rod an reels with us. Tossed on a huge squid an heaved it out there. The amont of sharks we caught was nuts! I would fight 3 or 4 8-10" blue sharks every night. Makos were caught religiously though nuthin over 6'. Sunfish in the 300lb range were reeled in all the time...

We also used to tie on 100 lb test to empty gallon milk jugs for a float and hand line blue sharks an Mako's in. It was alot of work durin the day, but at night it was just an amazing time. Something I will never forget. My body reminds me everyday!

Nothing though, I mean nothing compared to being in the middle of the Atlantic ocean in the spring!

tc
    Mark
    hi mark youve got that right theres those that can and those that cant and if you can ,being out at sea with the elements the fishing and a good boat has to be the ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by majik View Post
    hi mark youve got that right theres those that can and those that cant and if you can ,being out at sea with the elements the fishing and a good boat has to be the ultimate
    It beat me up pretty bad my friend! Those were the easy trips. We did 5 day mackeral an herring trips where ya never slept... Those were the winter trips

I still hurt!

tc
    Mark
    Mark

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hey there Majik and Bastalker. Got any pictures you can share with us while out at see? Sounds like you guys had all the fun!
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Quote Originally Posted by bastalker View Post
    It beat me up pretty bad my friend! Those were the easy trips. We did 5 day mackeral an herring trips where ya never slept... Those were the winter trips

I still hurt!

tc
    Mark
    yeah i know what you mean at the time when your younger the rush is worth all the pain
    then as you get older the big balls attitude seams to metemorph in to brain cells and you realise you cannot do this for ever.
    i did a few hoki seasons in the straights with 48hour turn arounds and yeah sleep whats that?lol

hi joe i am technologly challenged and when i work out how to get pictures off old videos and on to forum ull have them
    err umm had camera when had boat but it is stored in davie jones locker now

Joe I wish I had pics!! I saw some amazing things out there in the Atlantic...Never did remember to bring the camera with me. The skipper frowned on us takin pics anyways.

We towed up a basking shark once! What a beast he was! Close to 30' long an the tail 10' high. Almost knocked a crew member over board with it.

tc
    Mark
    Mark

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I was invited to fish the '70th Jess Sams Anniversary Game Fishing Tournament', and was away for four days. I fished on a boat called 'Ultimate II' from Bateman's Bay in N.S.W. There were 45 boats competing. We were targeting marlin, and most of the other boats were going after 'Jelly Bean sized' Yellowfin tuna. Tuna scored 1000 points each while marlin scored 10,000 points.
    On the first day I caught, and tagged and released an 80kg Striped Marlin, the only one caught for the first two days. Only a hand full of marlin were caught over the tournament with the winning boat, scoreing 19,000 point all on tuna. Over all it was an enjoyable trip with great weather and good company.
    I've attached a photo of the striped marlin we tagged and released.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Nice one Joe,good to hear you had a good trip,when is the next one ?

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hi Darren. How's it going mate?
    Next one is to Bateman's Bay for 10 days. I was thinking of taking my son Mathew with me this year for his first marlin trip. Puts me back in a spot with feeding and water changes for my fish. LOL!

Dang Joe. I get excited when i catch a 22" bass. I can't imagine catching something like that. How long did it take to reel him in? I used to fish salt water. Only off the docks tho. My father went blue fishing all the time tho. Never did. Only the guys. Man, its still a mans world, i think! Anyway, great job, sounds like it was real fun!!!
    Eileen

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hi Eileen. Glad to hear that you are into fishing also. I know alot of women who are into game fishing. It has lots to do with technique than strength. Too bad your dad didn't take you Bluewater fishing, l'm sure you would have loved it. That 80 kg fish took me about 15 minutes to get it within reach of the tag pole, then we released it. The 1140lb marlin we caught in Cairns took 2 1/2 hours. But its not really about how big the fish is, but on how dirty they fight. Sometimes they go deep and use current to their advantage.
    Do you have any photos of your bass?
    I really would like to see some.
    It's only a man's world if you let it be.

It's only a man's world if you let it be.[/QUOTE]

Yip ill second that Joe,thats not to say that a girl can never have enough shoes though

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by majik View Post
    It's only a man's world if you let it be.
    Yip ill second that Joe,thats not to say that a girl can never have enough shoes though[/QUOTE]

What about handbags?

definately handbags batemans bay huh !! your so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Yip ill second that Joe,thats not to say that a girl can never have enough shoes though

What about handbags? [/QUOTE]

Hehe that goes without saying if you have shoes you NEED at least 2 bags that match the shoes

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast