AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New fish room project.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Default Re: New fish room project.

I've to make a lot of the same frames, to make it easier to put them together I make blocks on the table so every part of the frame is put together in the blocks, only thing I've to do is drill the holes and put screws in. Works a lot easier and faster with only 2 hands lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Discus Hans

All screws in and lift the frame out. done and nexttttttttttt
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Discus Hans

The same I do with the "legs" from the set up. All legs have to be the same and the blocks were the frames rest on have to be on every leg at the same position. I make a stop (the end that rests on the floor) and make two blocks on the table were the block has to come on the leg, think the pictures make it clear lol

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Stud over the positioned blocks, drill hole, screws in and ready, nexttttt

Real Name
    Francis

Thumbs up Re: New fish room project.

Wow another big project for you and just by cleaning those new
    tanks takes hours/days. Thanks for sharing those photos.
    You really have changed the Discus World.

Cheers
    Francis

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Not much pictures today, lot work done although it doesn't show lol
    Start on the rack, tried to fit the tanks and......YES I figured it out right lol they fit.

Lookin' good Hans If I can make a suggestion though, you should put something under the legs so the wood isnt sitting on the cement wicking up water, I use bricks or hockey pucks.

got any pics of a silver pigeon snakeskin?

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Thanks Jason.

Don't like the bricks under it, makes it harder to vacume under the racks, liked the puck idea. Looked for hockey pucks, no were to get, out off season.

We don't get much water on the floor, only with catching Discus, I checked the "old" legs after 3 years no problem at all, so those will be on the floor too.

Didn't get much done this week, to freaking busy packing Discus.

Only got the "box" ready for the filter system, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be better, no shipping only a few pick up customers.

Registered Member

Wonderful,keep up the good work,I hope to be starting a new fish room in 6 months time.BTW how many tiers will this be?

Registered Member

Sweet,now for sure we will have to put you down for a "Road Trip"....Yea you have heard that before,but now that the docs have got my old self back on track you will be getting a visit..and my bud Gary has been bugging me to go down to visit you LOL.
    Good luck with your project and great idea about the pairs..
    Mench

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Bananas, normally we go 2 tiers high because we've to catch from the tanks all the time. This rack (I make 2 of those) are for 20 gallon tanks for pairs. Those will be filter system at the bottom, and 3 tiers with tanks, the top row is a little high but we don't have to work in those every day.

Mench.................I believe you when I see you lol

Hans

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Hey Hans, very very impressive setup and racks as always. If I can build like you I would have gone 5 tiers high lol...

Again thanks for sharing Hans.

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Kenny if you ever need help, tell me and we work something out.
    Find a local club who need a speaker, I do a talk, stay a little longer and help you on your way lol lol

Okay, today worked on the filter liner (was more work as I thought to get it in in the way I wanted, put the rack in position and put some tanks in to check the sizes of the pipes needed,

Hans

Real Name
    Walter

Hans, please hang onto those photos and notes - I'm trying to get the local fish club's people to invite you down here again (this year, we're at a different location - hopefully it has more warm water... none of that cold, brown stuff you had to fight with last time) and I'm sure people would be more than interested in seeing the progressive stages of setting up your fish room.

Looking forward to seeing more photos as you continue to make some of us jealous!

Walter
    Walter

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Walter, I try not to do that many shows with the set up anymore, the fights and stress we had (beside the fun) with water, transportation, loosing shipping days etc. I'm willing to get in my car/air plane to go to a show with my CD and do a talk, take some show Discus with me for in the show that's it.
    I think the ACA in Atlanta will be one of the last big set ups (because I promised Ken to do it) so TALKS YES, Set~up no.

Moik, all holes in the tanks are 1 3/4" for a 1" bulk head, the 1" pipe goes directly in a 1 1/2" pipe down to the filter, those pipe are all vertical so water is going straight down.
    I wouldn't work with a 3/4" one, my other set up (main room) has 65 gallon tanks, each tank has 2 x 1" over flow going over in a 2" horizontal pipe (so 10 x 1" on one 2" pipe) this works.
    I think a 3/4" pipe doesn't handle the water flow if you put the water a little faster INTO your tank.

Hans

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast