ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: white butterfy or silver pegions

Default Re: white butterfy or silver pegions

I have both...I find them very similar...so similar in fact that when I post pics of my silver pigeons..people tell how nice my white butterflies are.

I do see differences in their development as I have had them from a few inches to adulthood. In the end.. the white butterflies tend to look more pasty white in base...the silvers tend to have a more silver metallic base..

Both wbs and Silver pigeons are Pigeon based...that means they will have varying degrees of pepper..my understanding is both lines were created by breeding a non-pigeon to a pigeon .... probably a cobalt blue or Blue turq....

I also have wbs crosses that have Bd in them.

I have seen great Wbs and great Silver pigeons...I have also seen very poor ones..with lots of pepper...In my opinion...this is to be accepted when looking at these lines... I think much depends on the sources obtained from and how intensive the culling is ..

Hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

White butterfly are

PArental Marlboro X Parental Cobolt

then F1 X Cobalt

F2 White butterfly

Here´s some of my youngster from F1/cobolt parents Hopefully some of them will turn out to White butterflys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From a while back, Cary had the best WB in the US, but he has bigger fish to fry now, I guess. Cary, you out there in cyber space somewhere? This is a pic of his pair of some of the nicest I have ever seen. Cary, I lifted these pics a while back because they were some nice ones!!
    regards
    Lee

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Lets make it more confusing I know they are "fake" for some people but I still like them

Silver Pigeon Snakes or did somebody else use that name all ready.......than they are Snake Silver Pigeons,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Hans,
    I like those "Fakes" alot!

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I agree wilh Al. Hans, you can "fake" me out with those "Jumbo Fat Slab Doormats" anyday!!
    regards
    Lee

Yeah so instead of so-called silver pigeons they should be called FAKES for now on.. agreed?

Serious Question????

So if theres no difference between white butterflies and so called silver pigeons then why doesnt hans just say they are white butterflies? i think its because he himself knows theres a difference and would bite him in butt later if he mislead people saying that,,and since when did stendkers start breeding silver pigeons,,i dont see it on their website.. why doesnt someone just come out admit silver pigeons are throw back pigeons that wont breed true..

Sorry Al i'll stop now..
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

Registered Member

Cubic White Butteronia

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS USA View Post
    Yeah so instead of so-called silver pigeons they should be called FAKES for now on.. agreed?

Serious Question????

So if theres no difference between white butterflies and so called silver pigeons then why doesnt hans just say they are white butterflies? i think its because he himself knows theres a difference and would bite him in butt later if he mislead people saying that,,and since when did stendkers start breeding silver pigeons,,i dont see it on their website.. why doesnt someone just come out admit silver pigeons are throw back pigeons that wont breed true..

Sorry Al i'll stop now..
    I have seen this abrasive, juvenile behavior for about 3 years now, gets old. How can we stop it?
    Fed up!
    Last edited by Lee C; 02-01-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS USA View Post

Serious Question????

Sorry Al i'll stop now..
    Some idiots may think you are funny but, not only stupid but blind too Hector?????

http://www.diskuszucht-stendker.de/c...&clang=1&cat=6

Hans
    Last edited by Discus-Hans; 02-01-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Okay Guys.. Lets keep the topic on Track here.. The little digs and Jabs turn to big ones and then the thread gets editted, locked and who knows what else happens from there... That just makes work for Mods and admins and is a real downer.

Moik,
    I'll take some pics of what I have here and hope to work with ...sometime this weekend.

thanks,
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Back to the topic at hand....
    A couple pics of the male Silver Pigeon's offspring, then and currently(the one I kept, pick of the litter).
    Discus in first pic(4 month old-top fish) is the same fish as the white in the second pic.
    regards,
    Lee

hi all,
    in my opinion,silver pigeon,white butterfly or white pigeon were derived from the same family,they r all relative.breeders used different strains to cross with them trying to improve the the lineage,that is why the white pigeon from different breeders always look slightly different compare to the others.so,it is always 50/50 to say a silver pigeon is different with a white butterfly.
    just my opinion,correct me if im wrong.

best rgds,
    forrest.
    best rgds,
    Forrest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Lets make it more confusing I know they are "fake" for some people but I still like them

Silver Pigeon Snakes or did somebody else use that name all ready.......than they are Snake Silver Pigeons,

Hans
    Whoa Hans! I want some!

I've Also had Cary's white diamonds and WB's very sweet fish, If it wasn't for Cary breeding those long time a go I've would still be trying to figure out how to get them to attach to the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by moik View Post
    Jason, please elaborate on your experience with getting fry to attach. Very curios.
    When I started breeding the light pb types long time ago I could never get the frys to side feed. Cary figured out that you get better results by turning off the air, lowering the water level, darkening the tank etc. I'm sure this is common knowledge now, but wasn't back then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast