AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Submergable Heater

Registered Member

Smile Submersible Heater

All the current heaters are advertised to be submersible. Make sense, heat rises. For the last 5 to 6 years , I gone through average 4 to 5 heater lasted average 11/2 to 2 years because of water got into the control section. You can actually see the condensation inside the heater, H2O and electronic don't mix too well. I need feedback on the subject and recommendation on products are truly designed to be submersible, thank!
    Last edited by richmond5; 02-01-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Registered Member

Default Re: Submergable Heater

www.jehmco.com offers titanum heaters with controllers.Ive found them much easier to set,more accurate and no worries about them sticking on.Titanums are also better sealed so no more condensation within the heater.Ive found them to be worth the investment. Tom

Default Re: Submersible Heater

Quote Originally Posted by richmond5 View Post
    All the current heaters are advertised to be submersible. Make sense, heat rises. For the last 5 to 6 years , I gone through average 4 to 5 heater lasted average 11/2 to 2 years because of water got into the control section. You can actually see the condensation inside the heater, H2O and electronic don't mix too well. I need feedback on the subject and recommendation on products are truly designed to be submersible, thank!
    I use jaeger heaters exclusively. Had relatives who still using theirs after 20 years.

James
    30 Gal Reef tank, 35 Gal African cichlids tank, 46 Gal Discus tank