AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: A challenging Decisions

Default A challenging Decisions

Well, I had a great past weekend. I went up to visit with Andrew and Angela at Green Country Discus, and had a hell of a time. I brought up some gear that I thought would be useful, a pressurized CO2 system with reactor, HOT5 ballast and sockets, a gob of plants, and some other stuff. We spent the weekend playing with water weeds, hanging out, and getting my @rse beat in Risk. I'll brush up my skills for ya Andrew; don't you fret.

Well, before I left Sunday evening, Andrew hands me a net and says, "My friend, go pick you out 10 of those golden babies out in the room. You're gettin' to pick before I've done my picks so take your time and look em over real good."...........Oh, about an hour later or so, I finally finished!! Man, I was fun gettin' to pick like that, but I was a very hard decision. I think I did all right for the most part; picking 10 top notch babies out of 100 or so is no easy feat. As Andrew called it, "It's a reverse cull" There were some really sweet babies in there, and like I said overall for my first time knit-picking and choosing fish for future potential was fun and hard, soo many good ones. So I picked out 8 goldens and a couple SS out of the group and hoped for the best.

I hope to continue this thread as a progression of their growth; I've had them now four days and they've finally settled in. I had a couple of issues similar to the water issues I had the first week with my Challenge fish, but luckily the two 'flat bottoms' regained their composure and are good to go.

Well, enough talk; here's a few pics of some of them. This small they are hard to keep still and take pics of so I only got a couple decent shots which do them no justice. I have also attached a video for you video freaks.

Lastly, I have to thank Andrew and Angela for the super kind gesture and awesome weekend

Enjoy:

Default Re: A challenging Decisions

WOW !
    Sounds like you had a great time ! And what a "nice gesture" you are right. They are beautiful, lucky you !
    I'll look forward to seeing them grow up too.....
    B

Nice and Round Frys! Those should grow up to be the high quality that Andrew and Angela are known for! Looks like you picked good Jose!

Sounds like a great trip! Risk huh? thats a game that has broken many a friendship! but its fun as all heck! been years since I played!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Thanks for the compliments, I believe I chose well, and yes I had to hold my tongue in check as Andrew exploited my weaknesses without a wink of sympathy. It was my first time ever playing the game; I've seen my cousins play it before but it never captured my interest. Boy, have I missed out. In Andrew's defense (I guess) I did keep picking on him every chance I got. Guess I stuck the stick in the beehive one too many times

Registered Member Tropical Haven's Avatar

Very nice fish Jose, keep us posted on the progression of these guys.
    Scott

Registered Member

Well, I have a huge soft spot for goldens and these are some of the most gorgeous I've seen--Angela and Andrew, truely hats off!!!!!!!!! Phildelt85, you are one lucky hobbyist!
    Best regards
    Harriett

Registered Member

Great looking Discus, please keep us post as to their progression.

Cliff

Hey, guys and gal, thanks for the compliments. Well, I have officially killed one . Doing a water change I found one floating upside down near the fill line. I scooped him up and his belly was quite swollen; it wasn't hard to the touch just ballooned. I was on my way to throw him out and the little guy starts twitching, so I cradle him in my hand and place him back in the tank; it's not happening. He just flips back upside down barely breathing. It's too bad because he was pretty nicely shaped. I'm thinking as big as his belly was; 1. he overfed or 2. he got plugged up. This really sucks. Lesson learned I guess.

LOL Jose my friend, don't sweat the small stuff. Get the rest on heavy feed and enjoy . Unlike your "Risk" skills I will cut you some slack on these guys. Just grow some nice ones . Don't forget I will grow a few out too. Really have fun and do your best!! (Quietly I think that you left the best for me) AND I APPRECIATE IT! Thanks for being a great friend!
    Keep smiling Jose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! I probably did leave you the best, but I am quite happy with these little guys, now let's see if I can keep em alive . I'll keep ya'll posted.

Well what an awsome weekend had by all!! Andrew an Angela got some awsome PT equipment, some great plants and Andrew got to take over the world at yer expense!!

You got to take home some awsome goldens!! How great is that?

Sounds like you guys had alot of fun! Those goldens will be beauties Jose!!

tc
    Mark
    Mark