ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: South Florida fish show

Default South Florida fish show

The Gold Coast Aquarium Society will be holding it's first ever fish show April 5th and 6th. http://www.goldcoastaquarium.org It will be be held at Flamingo Gardens. http://www.flamingogardens.org There will be no discus at this first ever show, but it should still be a great time with a lot of free give aways. Members will be bringing and showing their fish, plus the International Betta Congress will will be holding an IBC judged betta show. You will have to pay the normal admission to visit Flamingo Gardens. Check out their website, because they have a lot to offer. In addition there is no additional cost to visit the fish show. I have $5.00 off admission coupons so if anyone is interested in some just contact me.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: South Florida fish show

Darn. That looks like a great place to spend the day! Too bad I am so far.... Thanks for sharing, Jerry

Jerry,
    If Discus Hobbyists in Florida wanted to show their fish, could they?

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Yes if discus hobbyist want to enter discus they can. Since this is our first ever show we don't know how smooth it will go. The area around Flamingo Gardens is on city water, but Flamingo Gardens is on well water. It comes out yellow and very hard. We suggest people bring their own water. We will have carbon filtered well water avilable in large water drums. We are also a bit short on the amount of electricity available. So I cannot answer how many heaters we can run. Our group has a stange mix of discus hobbyist besides myself. Members like Jack Wattley, Gabe Posada, Alberto Barbosa, Marc Weiss and Tony Silva. At this point I only know about Marc atending and he will be giving a talk Saturday April 5th at 1:00 pm about discus fish and water quality.

I also forgot to mention our club redid their 25,000 gallon outdoor pond back in November. It is slowly being stocked with a mix of cichlids. There will be a dedication on Saturday at 3:00 pm with perhaps the local newspaper, plus an article has been submitted to TFH magazine for a possible future issue.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Registered Member

Hi! i'm new to this site and i would love to attend.