ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Uaru A. care and husbandry.

Registered Member

Default Uaru A. care and husbandry.

Hi all.

Well it's been a good long while since I've posted here, but I've finally gotten an 80 gallon acrylic setup going.

While I know Uaru aren't discus, the knowledge of folks on here is so in depth that I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask - seeing as Uaru are close cousins to discus.

Currently I've got about 15 red eye tetra, 6 cory cats and a single juvenille gold severum in the tank. This weekend I'll be receiving a mated pair of Uaru A. to add to the tank; the male is 10 inches long and the female is 7 inches long.

While I've bred discus in the past, I have no experience with even keeping Uaru A. From what I've read their care requirements are very similar to discus, except they enjoy more plant material in their diet.

Any experience and helpful information is very much appreciated. I've had quite a bit of trouble locating reliable information through Google.

Thanks!

Default Re: Uaru A. care and husbandry.

I had no clue what a uaru was until I did a google search. This is what i found:

http://www.geocities.com/shadowsofth...rest/uaru.html

Default Re: Uaru A. care and husbandry.

We have a cichlid forum, SimplyCichlids, located at http://forum.simplycichlids.com. There have been several threads regarding Uaru there. You might want to register there and do a search.

I have posted threads about Uaru both at SimplyCichlids and here. You can also try running a search for Uaru here on this forum.

I am going to move your thread to the Tankmates section because it is not directly related to discus.

Ryan