ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: www.macsdiscus.com!!!

Registered Member

Default www.macsdiscus.com!!!

i recently ordered 6 fish from this guy ( all different strains) and where supposed to be 2" to 2.5" in size. they arrived packed individually and with lots of oxygen. when i opened the bags to my suprise all the discus but 2 where larger than the expected size the other 2 where a good 2.5" and the others 3" to 3.5" in size. i have only had them for a week and a half but they have already started to eat out of my hand. i cant thank this guy enough for provideing me with these great discus to start my hobby

Default Re: www.macsdiscus.com!!!

Many, many,many years ago I also purchased my first discus from Macs Discus. I too was very much surprised that most of the fish I ordered from him were more than the 2" inches I was expecting, there also were some freebie's in as well. I'm glad you got what you ordered and was surprised on what you got, I recommended him to some of my discus friends and they weren't so lucky, bad quaility of fish and no jump in size to what we received. So I guess what I'm saying is some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you on what you pay for from some breeders. JMO Jim

Real Name
    Steve

I ordered from macsdiscus about 2 years ago. I got 8, 3" fish packed in one bag with no oxygen. 4 died within 24hrs. when I called mac to see what he was going to do about it, he never returned my call. The remaining 4 fish lasted about 2-3 months and one by one stopped eating and did not grow. I had to throw them all out. I suspect they were asian imports and had been wrecked with hormones. needless to say I won't be ordering anything from him again.

I purchased f2 red spotted greens and red spotted alencers from Steve (Mac's Discus). They arrived on time, well packaged and very healthy. There was one bag that punchered by the fish (no fault of Steve). He immediately made compensation. I believe he sells exactly as advertised or better. He has been in business for a long time and I believe to be an honest person to deal with. All e-mail correspondence with Steve was answered the same day. I will be getting more fish from him. Bill