ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 4/2/08 Pics

Default 4/2/08 Pics

Hi all Just took some pics 2 nites ago. Thought i would share.

I am trying to get a width shot but its hard....

They aren't getting as much as before. Slowed down alittle. But still growing.
    Eileen

Default Re: 4/2/08 Pics

Those are looking really good. Nice and round. I really like the colors that are showing up in everyones fish. Great job!

I am having a hard time w/a fish tank I ordered. I put a deposit down, $320. and now I can't get an answer from this guy on what is the real story.

My fish r getting bigger and i seriously need a bigger tank. I don't want to spend big bucks on a setup, but sure would like a 150gal or 180 gallon. I would make the stand, well w/my son's help (hehehe...).
    I also have the 7 in a 40gal that I got from Dan of Elite Aquaria , they def need to be moved to a bigger tank. I am nervous about splitting them up. My challangers r still good for now.

My son has got someone that is selling a 220 w/stand and canopy for $250. A little bigger than what i wanted but willing to check it out. Don't want to be desperate and just buy anything either.
    Oh well, oh, btw, don't forget to check out my pics in Elite Aquaria's sponsers section. They r about the same age as the challange fish. Nice looking fish, no doubt
    Eileen

Thumbs up Re: 4/2/08 Pics

They look beautiful-Keep up the good work!
    I recently passed up a 125g tank(didn't have a stand) & I been kicking myself ever since.
    That's a great price for the tank/stand/canopy!
    Get the tank -you'll work out all other details!
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. Helps alot
    Eileen

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Hi Eileen, those are some very beautiful Alenquers! I agree with Angela, nice shape and color. You're doing a great job and thanks for sharing! Keep the pics coming!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Registered Member Tropical Haven's Avatar

Nice job Eileen, they are looking great. Get the 220 gallon tank because $250.00 is a great deal on it if it is in good condition.
    Scott

Eileen!!! Your fish are looking amazing! You have done excellent with them!

BTW...That $250 for the 220G stand an canopy sounds to good to be true! If it doesnt leak, thats quite a price!!

tc
    Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bastalker View Post
    Eileen!!! Your fish are looking amazing! You have done excellent with them!

BTW...That $250 for the 220G stand an canopy sounds to good to be true! If it doesnt leak, thats quite a price!!

tc
    Mark
    Thanks Mark. Ur fish r doing real well too. I can't believe u. How big is ur biggest? Mine is at least 5" The smallest is 4". The problem w/the 220 is it is sooo tall and i think it would be too hard to clean. I can't fit a 220 in my living room. I want to go no bigger than a 180gal.
    Eileen

Well Eileen, Lets just say they are not quite that big yet! You have set the bar pretty high with those contest fish of yours.

I tell ya what though for that price, I would find room for that tank and buy a step ladder!!

tc
    Mark
    Mark

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Eileen.... Wow! they are looking great. As always lovely clean clear water, and fantasitc photos of well looked after discus. A real credit to you.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member

Hi, your fishys look great. Make sure you put water in that 220, to see if it leeks, Does it have overflows?? I have a perfecto 220, they are heavy to move, make sure your son has a couple of buddys on hand. Mine is also deep, 30 inch tall, might be hard to clean the bottom and sides. I have 13 babies in a 75 gal tall, which is also 30 inch tall. They are showing signs of agression, I am also thinking of a bigger tank, I too hate to split them up, I've been looking at the 120 tall or 150 tall, but dont know anything about those trickel filters underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by uli and ria View Post
    Hi, your fishys look great. Make sure you put water in that 220, to see if it leeks, Does it have overflows?? I have a perfecto 220, they are heavy to move, make sure your son has a couple of buddys on hand. Mine is also deep, 30 inch tall, might be hard to clean the bottom and sides. I have 13 babies in a 75 gal tall, which is also 30 inch tall. They are showing signs of agression, I am also thinking of a bigger tank, I too hate to split them up, I've been looking at the 120 tall or 150 tall, but dont know anything about those trickel filters underneath.
    Hi kzoo! Thanks for the compliments. But i am getting tooooo much credit here. All i do is clean and feed, they do the rest. They r spectacular species, thats for sure. U sure r brave going w/the tall tanks. I don't want tall, thats for sure. A 22 is way too tall for me, thats for sure.
    Eileen

Registered Member

Hi Eileen,

They are coming along well. I lov'EM!

You say you are only cleaning, feeding them & they do the rest themselves, although we don't know what other tricks you have up your sleeves to have them looking so spectacular.

Keep up the good work.

Regards Armandi
    Is there an antibiotic for aquarists!

Sheeesh, eileen! They look awesome keep it up, and Mark is right you've set the bar. On the tank, for that kinda money, I'd definitely pick up the 220. That is a definitely steal if all is good. I just traded a 55gal setup for a 225 setup even and got home this morning with it. It was definitely worth the drive. The box of pumps alone covers the gas I burned.