AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TwoFishGuyz.com?

Registered Member

Default TwoFishGuyz.com?

Does anyone have experience with them? They don't ship, but I am in St. Louis and could drive to Chicago. They distribute Stendker and look pretty good -- but wanted any insight you guys may have.

Thanks!

Default Re: TwoFishGuyz.com?

I've traded a few emails with them recently. They are located in a town near where I grew up and I had plan to be out there in the next few weeks. I told them that I would love to stop by and see what they got. I may be wrong but I think they are pretty new to selling Discus and recently pop up in aquabid and ebay.

BTW. Pictures means nothing. I've seen pics of Discus on Aquabid and check them out in person. They are not always the same. My experience (not that much) with Discus has been you have to see how the Discus behaves in person to get an idea of what you are getting. For a reputable Discus seller, their past history speaks for themselves but there are so many folks selling Discus knowing very little about it.

Updated: I just realize that you are asking about twofishguyz.com which turns out to be the same folks that I described above. The twofishguyz advertise in AQ do ship.
    Last edited by DiscusOnly; 12-05-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harris611 View Post
    They don't ship, ...and could drive to Chicago.
    The people I know of by this name are out of York PA and do ship.

from DiscusHans site:

Two Fish Guyz.com
    2240 Carlisle Road
    York, PA. 17408
    Phone: 717-858-2811

They are located in York, Pennsylvania and they do ship. I know first hand as I purchased a few from them. I will be able to let you know how they are tomorrow evening as they are to be delivered tomorrow.

Bob

From what I understand they do not live to far from Hans's place and they go there to hand select their stock.

Bob

I live near them and can vouch for their fish. All their Discus are from Han`s and the other cichlids are almost as pretty. Great young men to deal with. They get this granny`s stamp of approval.
    Last edited by MaryPa; 07-06-2008 at 07:58 PM.
    125gal 5 Discus for sale
    55 gal Community
    2 gal Endlers

My order from TwoFishGuyz arrived safely and they were packed very well. I got four Stendker Silver Pigeons and was very happy with my order. I know they are not a sponser here although Hans is. TwoFishGuyz is one of Hans dealers. Two Thumbs up Hans on just another nice looking group of discus.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

I have bought my new discus from TwoFishGuyz in the last 2 weeks. Ryan is a great guy. He does hand pick them from Discus Hans's facility. He also has other cichlids, tetras and cories for sale.

Here are some of the new little ones that I got from Ryan (please disregard the date on photos)...

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...=DISCUS008.jpg

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...=DISCUS010.jpg

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...=DISCUS006.jpg
    Last edited by cturner; 12-21-2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling

I just bought an array of discus from TwoFishGuyz. I have had them for a couple of days now. The good news first... They are all eating and healthy. Out of 10 discus, 1 has very nice color, 2 or 3 have nice color and the remaining 6 or 7... Well I will give them more time to decide if they belong in my tanks...

The problem I had with these guys was based on size ranges. For example a 3" Brilliant blue may have been 2.6" long. The 2.5" to 3" Brilliant Turquoises measured between 2" and 2.5". My point is that I paid for certain size ranges and got the next size smaller, effectively overpaying for the discus.

Anyway I emailed the company on the discrepancy with a photo of a sample beside a ruler as a benchmark and got the response “Our sizes are approximate. They are not guaranteed.” And “Your picture is of a fish that has just arrived with at least a quarter of an inch of the mouth in front of the tape.” and that “These are quality fish and you will be very happy with them.

I would gladly give a copy of the picture to anyone interested, assuming that is allowed in this forum.. Anyway, I filed a paypal dispute and placed my feedback on the bid site where I purchased the fish. I got an angry call almost immediately. I agreed to absorb half of the overcharge in exchange for them refunding half to me. I also intended to raise the evaluation, since they were doing a partial refund. After we had the conversation though, they filed a retaliatory feedback against me. Since my feedback was honest and they had been so difficult, I decided to let the feedback stand. I was bothered by this and sent an email to “Hans”.. Parts of his response follow:

“That you file a protest and give negative feedback for those reasons is complete ridiculous.”
    And “There is only one negative point I've with how TwoFishguyz handled this whole situation and that is that he refunded you money on the complains you had, he really did you a favor you really never would have had from me,”

Anyway, he also disputed the photo, but the camera does not lie...

Well, anyway, so far it is still better than my experiance with AnythingPhishy.. What I have learned is that I should not buy any Discus that I can not inspect. The whole buying via the internet does not work for me. Out of the probably $1,500 I spent so far, have found only 1 internet dealer that I would endorse completely and I do not think he is even operating any more.

Unfortunatley, with no supply available, that means that I may have to give up on Discus after 30 years of loving/Keeping these fish.
    Last edited by DallasDBA; 12-23-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDBA View Post
    I just bought an array of discus from TwoFishGuyz. I have had them for a couple of days now. The good news first... They are all eating and healthy. Out of 10 discus, 1 has very nice color, 2 or 3 have nice color and the remaining 6 or 7... Well I will give them more time to decide if they belong in my tanks...

The problem I had with these guys was based on size ranges. For example a 3" Brilliant blue may have been 2.6" long. The 2.5" to 3" Brilliant Turquoises measured between 2" and 2.5". My point is that I paid for certain size ranges and got the next size smaller, effectively overpaying for the discus.

Anyway I emailed the company on the discrepancy with a photo of a sample beside a ruler as a benchmark and got the response “Our sizes are approximate. They are not guaranteed.” And “Your picture is of a fish that has just arrived with at least a quarter of an inch of the mouth in front of the tape.” and that “These are quality fish and you will be very happy with them.

I would gladly give a copy of the picture to anyone interested, assuming that is allowed in this forum.. Anyway, I filed a paypal dispute and placed my feedback on the bid site where I purchased the fish. I got an angry call almost immediately. I agreed to absorb half of the overcharge in exchange for them refunding half to me. I also intended to raise the evaluation, since they were doing a partial refund. After we had the conversation though, they filed a retaliatory feedback against me. Since my feedback was honest and they had been so difficult, I decided to let the feedback stand. I was bothered by this and sent an email to “Hans”.. Parts of his response follow:

“That you file a protest and give negative feedback for those reasons is complete ridiculous.”
    And “There is only one negative point I've with how TwoFishguyz handled this whole situation and that is that he refunded you money on the complains you had, he really did you a favor you really never would have had from me,”

Anyway, he also disputed the photo, but the camera does not lie...

Well, anyway, so far it is still better than my experiance with AnythingPhishy.. What I have learned is that I should not buy any Discus that I can not inspect. The whole buying via the internet does not work for me. Out of the probably $1,500 I spent so far, have found only 1 internet dealer that I would endorse completely and I do not think he is even operating any more.

Unfortunatley, with no supply available, that means that I may have to give up on Discus after 30 years of loving/Keeping these fish.
    Picture send to me and customr comments they had not much color,

duuuuhhhhh Discus are 2.5 to 3" so young fish (and sold as that)

Hans
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Oh my lands!!!!! I buy tiny Discus from one of Han`s dealers ( Hampstead Maryland )and they grow fast and color up nicely. They`ll get that much size growth in no time if fed well and given lots of water changes. I find all of my Han`s Discus to be simple lovely !!!!!!! They`re addictive.
    125gal 5 Discus for sale
    55 gal Community
    2 gal Endlers

I have to thank Hans for posting the picture. The part he was wrong about was that he said it was sold as a 2.5 to 3" discus. Not true and he knows that. Is was sold as a 3" discus. I am amused buy Han's comments. Not what I would call customer service....
    Last edited by DallasDBA; 12-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks Mikscus, I wil look at Kenny's Discus if I stay with the Discus thing. Does everyone else agree that Kenny' Discus is a good place to buy?

Also, to those who mentioned the the discus will get better with age, I agree with you.. All I am saying is that the best discus's I own already showed well at 3". As for the steroids some have mentioned, I know some of that is out there. I have been lucky that the best small discuses I have obtained started very good, did not lose their color (Steroids fade after a while) and only got better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikscus View Post
    My question is why we never hear from twofishguyz? They are registered members here since the beginning of Dec this year. I also dont like that sellers dont show you actual pictures of the fish you are buying. Those fancy photos on the site are nice but a false representation of what you may end up with after buying. They already have a statement on the site that

There are many reputable dealers that will not respond in such a manner. Try Kennys Discus here on simply. If you purchase 3" fish, you should get 3" fish depending on SL or TL. Another good bit of advise already given....stay off of aquabid.

Note: Discus sizes are not guaranteed. Occaisonally a discus may be smaller or larger than the size listed. Typically all discus will be within a quarter of an inch of the listed size. We will not refund or replace any discus that is within .5" of the listed size. Please rest assured we are in business to sell quality fish and not to rip our customers off.

If you cant guarantee sizes, why advertise them that way? Within a half inch?

Hi everyone,
    I've editted out all the comments that were not first hand experiences with twofishguys.com ......

This section of the board is strictly a review board....state your first hand experience with the seller...not a commentary on what you think of other peoples stated experiences..

from the rules members agree on to access this section...

All product or livestock information posted in this section must be provided by the reviewing member, based upon that member's personal experience.

Thank you,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    This section of the board is strictly a review board....state your first hand experience with the seller...not a commentary on what you think of other peoples stated experiences..
    What part of this didn't sink in? If you don't have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with this seller DON'T POST HERE.

You have something to say to someone in this thread or an opinion on the whole thing? That's what PM's and Emails are for.

Be Good or Be Gone

The Simplydiscus.com Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast