AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opinions on Mac's discus?

Default Re: opinions on Mac's discus?

I bought my very first discus from Mac's, purchased 20 and received 24. I have to say this though, it was many, many years ago. When I got my first discus from them I was impressed to say the least, all the fish arrived in great shape, the packaging was exceptional. I also have to say friends that I referred to Mac's were not impressed with them, no free fish if you bought a large order and the fish them selves were below par, in their words and were not happy at all. Maybe, I was lucky maybe new mangement are in the picture who can say. With the sponser's here on Simply why go anywhere else but that's my opinion......................Jim in Ohio

Real Name
    Steve

I posted my experience with Mac's last year on another thread several pages down. But I would like to repeat it for any newbies to the forum. If you need new discus, stick with one of the sponsors.

I ordered from Mac's about 3 years ago. He send me 8, 2.5" discus in one bag with no oxygen. It was the damnedest thing I've ever seen. All of the fish were in bad shape. Four of the fish were dead within 24 hrs. When I tried to call him to see what he would do about it, he never returned my call. The remaining fish were so damaged from the shipping, they were stunted and I eventually had to get rid of them. He also substituted 2 of the fish with inferior fish and didn't bother to tell me. I don't know how you can stay in business treating people like that.
    Last edited by smsimcik; 01-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Registered Member

I bought a few ftom Mac's - Very nice man. So far i have gad my fish for a couple of weeks and are doing well - and he said for me to call if i have questions. But - I see Simply have a sponsor here in Washington - i will use them next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12