AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discus Madness

Registered Member

Default Discus Madness

Just thought I would comment on a recent visit to Discus Madness in NJ. Purchased four discus, two about three and a half and two about two and a half inches. They started eating within an hour after being acclimated, never had discus do that before.
    I have tried several sites, won't mention them but they never were healthy nor survived no matter how well I treated them. I found being able to go there a great advantage but none the less I think he has excellent fish. I will try to post a picture or two later if I can. I am sure there are good dealers but again I have to say this guy had the only discus that seemed to acclimate well and seem extremely healthy.

Default Re: Discus Madness

What did you get?
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

I previously bought discus from Mathias @Discus Madness & can agree that he has nice fish & once when I had a health issue he was helpful.I chose him as a vendor because he was within driving distance(90 min.'s) & I wanted to hand pick my discus.
    I have since had discus shipped from Cal. from a sponsor on this forum(Kenny's Discus)& and they are exceptional quality discus.
    They were in transit for 20+ hr.'s and upon release into my tank they were looking for food & already acclimated!
    Kenny's customer support has left me speechless-all around standup guy
    IMO-sponsors here are the only way to purchase discus.
    Best of luck with your discus,
    Rob
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Registered Member

Got two red turqs and two checkerboards. Just happy to have some active healthy discus for a change,, was about to give up on keeping them.

Did you pickup the fish or have them shipped?
    Any peppering on the checkerboards?
    What is your tank setup like?
    Any plans on adding more discus?-I guess that's a silly question, seems we always got plans on adding fish
    Rob
    Jerry Garcia

Hi,

I also have bought quite a few discus from Discus Madness. Well, I got 2 nice fairly large discus which have proved to be very healthy but they were sold to me as "red diamonds". Now they are plain red melons. Don't know what happened!!! Beautiful discus though. And very healthy. Both have paired up.
    The other two have had health issues...So I am more reserved about them, but I must say that their stock pictured is awesome looking. I think it's way better to go with the SD breeders like Kenny, for instance!!!!! JMHO, for what it's worth!

Sophie

I agree with most of what has been posted about DM. I ordered their five discus special and was VERY dissappointed with the heavily peppered and really ugly discus he sent (bad shape, terrible colors). I blame myself ultimately because I should have asked Mathias what kind he would send -- I assumed it would [at least] be from the stock pictured on his web site. Not one of the strains he sent was listed on his web site and I consider this a bit of bait and switch.

All five died except for one. The remaining one has never really thrived and is stunted?

In contrast, I ordered 6 discus from Cary w/ Great Lakes Discus and all (except for the one that jumped out of my tank :-( ) have thrived and are just beautiful.

Just wondering how he is about shipping of equipment. I was looking at his heaters and was going to order until he sent me his forms for credit cards, of which he asks for photo copies of the front & back that contains the security code. I felt this is too much info to be faxing out so I backed away from the deal. Anyone have any experience with him for shipping products?

I've ordered products as well with no problems at all.

Registered Member

I personally picked the fish up but he did an excellent job packing them up for the trip home. The checkerboards had a little peppering but looked great otherwise. What is kennys website listed under? couldn't find it on line

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Here you can find Kenny's info,

Hans

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Kenny (650) 290-1283

kennysdiscus@sbcglobal.net

iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

Quote Originally Posted by sophie68 View Post
    Hi,

I also have bought quite a few discus from Discus Madness. Well, I got 2 nice fairly large discus which have proved to be very healthy but they were sold to me as "red diamonds". Now they are plain red melons. Don't know what happened!!! Beautiful discus though. And very healthy. Both have paired up.
    The other two have had health issues...So I am more reserved about them, but I must say that their stock pictured is awesome looking. I think it's way better to go with the SD breeders like Kenny, for instance!!!!! JMHO, for what it's worth!

Sophie
    Sophie,
    I also bought a Red Diamond(avatar pic).It was a beautiful deep red in the beginning-then about 3weeks later changed
    It now is more orangish than red.The yelow face has slight reddish marks around the mouth also
    Could you describe how your red diamond changed?
    Rob
    Jerry Garcia

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Smile Re: Discus Madness

Rob, Sophie, Hector, thanks for your kind referrals my friends. Hope you all been doing well!

Hans, thank you my friend you have some beautiful fish yourself!

clogwood, if you are interested in some fish let me know what you're looking for; if I don't have what you need I'll be more than happy to give you referrals on them. All sponsors on this site carry both beautiful imports and homegrown discus.

Thanks friends,
    Kenny
    Last edited by Kenny's Discus; 05-10-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Discus Madness mail order fish suck, this crook sent me expensive fish that didn't entirely match what I ordered, and one had a deformed pectoral fin no less!!! His response was, I will make up for it on your next order. Well why would I order from him again if the first order sucked?? And the fact is I have no room for more fish anyway so there will be no next order, I'll work it out with my credit card company, its fraud. Buyer beware, buy at your own risk!!!!!
    Last edited by MSD; 05-11-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast