AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 11th May. Mother's Day

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default 11th May. Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day here in Australia......So Happy Mother's day to all the mother's out there.

I am taking the family out for dinner shortly to a nice sea food restaurant in the city, but managed to find some time to give my discus their daily feed of Live Black Worms, while my lovely wife Rita is getting ready. Even found time to take a video clip, and enter this report. Now, l'm not saying that Rita takes a long time getting ready, just that it dosn't take much time to submit a video clip and report.

As you will see from the short clip the challenge fish have still retained the heavy bars, but are looking well. They sure are feeding well now, and chase the other discus around the plants, while fending for themselves.
    One in particular has coloured up well, and l look forward to more growth and improvment.

I have noticed that they are catching up in size to the other discus, which have been in this planted tank since l accuired them at around 1 1/2 inches, and about 4 weeks before recieving the challenge fish.
    As you know the challenge fish spent quit some time in the Bare Bottom Challenge tank recieving daily water changes, and heavy feeding for some time. I am sure that this has given them a bit of an advantage over the other fish, and expect them to out grow them at some stage.

Hope you enjoy the short attached clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTB1VnPraE
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Default Re: 11th May. Mother's Day

Wow Joe, they look fantastic and spunky. Great Job!!!
    Eileen

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Joe,
    nice work,they look great mate.thank's for sharing the video.will be nice to see update's of the other challenge fish.

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Joe, great to see them turn around for ya. They are quite Spunky as Eileen stated. Great job!!

Very nice Joe!
    Mark

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks everyone for your responses. Yep, they look pretty happy now. Once they catch up in size to the other fish in this tank, there will be no holding them back. So look out.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

It's gonna be a real tough choice for who ever is going to be judging these challenge fish !
    Yours are just gorgous too ! I love the intense markings, growing like weeds, and SO active ! What the heck are you feeding those guy's ???
    They are doing SO well, now that they are growing up a little, you can really see the changes.
    They look awesome -
    My hats off to you as well !
    B