AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: updates

Default updates

I get pm's stating to "share my experiences" w/the forum so people can "learn" from this experience. The funny thing is i don't get a response from the people who "pm" me telling me to "update". Whats up?????
    Eileen

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: updates

Hi Eileen. I also get simular mesesages

I thinks the idea behind it is to get Every One in the challenge to contribute their Bi Weekly reports again so we can all gauge how we are going with our particular fish with the methods, diets, waterchanges etc, that we have choosen to use.
    It's also a great source of information for any people out there thinking of raising a group of juvinille discus...I know l have learnt heaps from you all here!
    Admitidley interest out there has dropped slightly....but the challenge is not over till its over.......so.........keep up the GREAT job you are doing......with your reports........and your Challenge Discus.
    I know its always nice to recieve replys in return, but l sure do get alot of satisfaction from my little contribution.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Eileen,
    I get pm's stating to "share my experiences" w/the forum so people can "learn" from this experience. The funny thing is i don't get a response from the people who "pm" me telling me to "update". Whats up?????
    I sent everyone in the contest that pm that you got from me, as some are not upholding the agreement to update regularly...I went thru alot of trouble to arrange this contest and don't think that it was an unreasonable request. Ironically, you aren't one of the ones I was reaching out to, but the forum's message system sends it out to all the contest group at once.

I'm sorry if I don't personally comment on every thread posted in the contest...I try to but believe it or not.....The contest is only one aspect of this forum that I need to focus on..

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I understand totally about updates, and yes, i have slipped with bi-weekly updates. I will try to be more aware of this. I know Al, u r a very busy man and don't expect every post to be answered. I look for ur comments once in a while. What u have done is spectacular and i just want to hear ur comments once in a while. After all, u r the man and ur comments would mean alot to some of us anyway. Please don't take what i said personal, i don't want to upset anyone here. Especially u Al. I love this contest but sometimes work kicks my a$$ and i am sooooo tired, i don't even want to feed my fish, let alone take pics. But like i said, i will do my part to keep the contest going. Thanks Al and Joe and Scott for all ur comments. That is what keeps me going....
    Eileen

Eileen,
    You're doing fine with the updates and with the fish. I'll try to do a better job with the comments....

I really want to see some renewed interest in the contest....I know its a lull in the contest now... largely because its spring/summer but also because by this point theres not alot of apparent growth going on in the fish.. They start to slow down as the age.. appetite may go down....but they do keep growing... and they start to really develop some nice coloration and patterns and bulk up....The fins start to really fill out as well...so theres still alot of changes to document.

Thanks all,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Eileen,
    You're doing fine with the updates and with the fish. I'll try to do a better job with the comments....

I really want to see some renewed interest in the contest....I know its a lull in the contest now... largely because its spring/summer but also because by this point theres not alot of apparent growth going on in the fish.. They start to slow down as the age.. appetite may go down....but they do keep growing... and they start to really develop some nice coloration and patterns and bulk up....The fins start to really fill out as well...so theres still alot of changes to document.

Thanks all,
    al
    Eileen