ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 911....what size sump?

Default Re: 911....what size sump?

I don''t like that tote. I think its too tall. I am gonna be scouting out the town this weekend. There has to be something out there i can find and use.
    Eileen

Lowes has a storage container that is black with a yellow top. I forget the name of the thing, but it's really heavy duty, and made in Canada. It's rated for 300 lbs. or something like that. Holds about 20 some gals. 28 I think. It's been a while since I bought it. It sits 18" tall. I use one in the cabinet on a 125 gal. and it works great. The material is thick, and it's reinforced, so there is no flexing like those cheapo rubbermaid containers.

Registered Member

Eileen,
    The picture of your tank shows a drain overflow pipe with two 90's on top. What purpose do they serve?
    Thanks
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by alron2 View Post
    Eileen,
    The picture of your tank shows a drain overflow pipe with two 90's on top. What purpose do they serve?
    Thanks
    Ron
    I'm not Eileen, but it's called a standpipe. It helps keep the water in the overflow box at a consistent level by means of siphon. Without it, the overflow box level will fluctuate up and down.
    Last edited by Darrell Ward; 05-25-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: My lousy spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Ward View Post
    I'm not Eileen, but it's called a standpipe. It helps keep the water in the overflow box at a consistent level by means of siphon. Without it, the overflow box level will fluctuate up and down.
    Thanks for the answer Darrell!!! I wouldn't have been able to answer that question.

I think i will go to Lowes tommorrow and check out that bin.....thank u all for ur advice
    Eileen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12