AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heaters

Registered Member

Default Heaters

What brand heater do you recomend and use? I am using a heater, forgot the brand, and I am not getting the temperature I want.
    Thanks, Michael

Default Re: Heaters

I've got an Aqueon & 2 Visa-therms on separate tanks (all are 300 watts). The Visa-therms are a number of years old (don't remember exact age) & the Aqueon is a couple of months old. All are maintaining the temp within a degree of two of their settings. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of either brand.

visi therm stealth heaters have been good to me
    their shatterproof design is good, and they seem more heavy duty that the ones that are all glass...
    will be back in the future... with wild heckels and red spotted greens...

watch this space!

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ewok View Post
    visi therm stealth heaters have been good to me
    their shatterproof design is good, and they seem more heavy duty that the ones that are all glass...
    These seem to work well for me too.

I use Via Aqua titaniums, Ebo Jeager and Stealths. The Via Aqua's are a number of years old and still working, tho I did lose two in that time also.
    The EJ's work great, keep an even temp, but haven't used them long enough to tell how thay last.
    Stealths are also dependable and tough but I really don't like the fact you can't tell if it's on or off.
    HTH

Kacey

Out of the total 10 stealth heaters I bought 5 of them are still working OK. The other 5 I will be sending back to get replaced. HTH

Michael, after having the expensive controler-titanium heater combos I have gone o Visi-Therm stealth heaters. If you can split the wattage need and have two smaller heaters in each tank, do it. Don't ask me why I recomend that !

Roberto.

The new Ebo-Jaeger's from Eheim are very good so far, I replaced failing stealth heaters with them. I see why they are called stealth, they fail and leave no heat trail!!!
    Mark

Registered Member

I also had a 50% failure right out of the box rate on the stealths--I'm over that nonsense. I got a couple of the ETH in line Hydor heaters 300W and they are PERFECT and keep the water exactly where I set it all the time. First heaters I have ever had that feel this reliable. --got the first ones maybe a year ago and am now slowly replacing the rest of my heaters with the hydors--you need to have a canister filter to use it,of course. THey are more expensive than the usual fair by 15-20 bux.
    Best regards
    Harriett

Registered Member

i use the stealth heaters and have only had one go bad ,so far

I have a THEO heater. I think that is the name brand. I havn't had any trouble from it so far. I only have it cut up half way. Its a 400 watt heater. I got it from PetSmart for about $35. It keeps my tank at about 86 degrees and I have it in a 125 gallon tank. Everyone else told me that i would need at least two 250 or two 300 watt heaters. I found that everyone else had to special order the 400 watt heater but PetSmart had them in stock. For me this has been a great heater so far without any problems. It is suppose to be unbreakable by fish as well.

Wish you luck !

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thebigone View Post
    I have a THEO heater. I think that is the name brand. I havn't had any trouble from it so far. I only have it cut up half way. Its a 400 watt heater. I got it from PetSmart for about $35. It keeps my tank at about 86 degrees and I have it in a 125 gallon tank. Everyone else told me that i would need at least two 250 or two 300 watt heaters. I found that everyone else had to special order the 400 watt heater but PetSmart had them in stock. For me this has been a great heater so far without any problems. It is suppose to be unbreakable by fish as well.

Wish you luck !

Josh
    I use the THEO too, two 300w on my 125g. They keep my tank in the desired range with no problems. My local Petsmart price-matched them out of the Drs. Fosters & Smith catalog. Saved around $10 bucks each!

May Our Threads Cross Again...
    Charles "Chuck" Scoggins
    Pueblo, Colorado

Registered Member

I use a 400 watt Theo in 80 gal. discus tank and have no complaints.

Just bought Rena's SmartHeater 300W, set it to 85F and stays exactly at that for the last 2 days in my 75g BB discus tank.

Particularly good if you have a Rena canister XP filter because this heater replaces the intake tube and can be used as an inline. So looks good with no clustter in the tank.

Of the two stealths I bought a couple months ago I only have one that still works. It worked good while it lasted but I wont be buying another one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast