AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA - Connecticut

Registered Member

Default Re: Usa-Connecticut

hi my name is juan i am also a discus novice email me minniemax@sbcglobal.net would like to learn about all types and strains as posible I am in enfield ct so if close and want to discuss discus you can count on me being intrested
    Last edited by mightymax860; 08-26-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Registered Member

Hi,

I'm Billy Vu representing Danbury, CT 203! It's so great to have a discus forum like Simply. Best of all it's great to know that there are other people infected with the Discus bug in CT! If anybody ever want to talk discus or would like to sell/trade anything Discus related please e-mail me at hoang_hp84@yahoo.com.

Cheers,
    Billy

Registered Member

Cool Re: Usa-Connecticut

Hello My name is mike Deegan I have been a discus hobbyist for 19 years on and off when I retired 4 years ago I started working on a business I specialize in Discus and related products. My trade name is BLACKWATER AQUARIA

Mike, I've got to get back there sometime.. So many beautiful discus !! david T

Registered Member

Hi everyone. My name is Rich and I live in Fairfield. Started Discus back in January and after some trials and tribulations seem to have things under control (for now). Could be reached here or at richardweglinski@yahoo.com.

Registered Member

Mike remember to call/e-mail me when you get your shipment in. Finals and paper are coming soon and staring at my tank is the only thing that seems to relax me these days!

Registered Member

Welcome to Simply Rich! If you get the chance you should definately give Mike a visit in Meriden. He's a gentleman and a scholar!

Registered Member

I love fish, and currently have 2 75's built into my wall. One is community the other is rift lake chichlids. I have a 100 gallon "bucket" with 3 oscars, and have just purchased a 180 Gallon tank which I plan on establishing as a discus tank. I just joined the forum, and have stayed up countless nights reading all of your post. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at the next NEDA meeting, or any other meeting that is available. I think its great that so many Discus lovers are in the NEast. Shoot me an E-mail if you have an event scheduled I'd love to attend.

John A. Bergin III
    Niantic, CT
    jbergiii@gmail.com

John.. Great talking with you.. See you tomorrow.. David T

Registered Member

John,

Welcome to SD. This is really great forum for discus lovers and aquarium hobbist in general. Aren't you glad that you're not the only one infected with the discus bug in CT?

All the best,
    Billy

Hi everyone... Well we finally sold the house in GA and around Thanksgiving moved to Killingworth CT... still getting used to the snow haha..Have had discus several times in the past as well as orangehead geophagus, angels, ca and africans... I'm a member of Simply, MFK and Cichlid-forum among others.. Had to trade the 120 gallon we brought out with us for a 55 that fit in the new home... so now starting a tank up again... right now it's sand and lots of driftwood and some bolivian rams.. not quite ready for discus yet... the tank needs to settle a bit first.. you know it's eventually gonna be discus again.. once bitten it's forever haha.. and living so close to Al etc I'm afraid there's no hope for me LOL..
    Seriously, love discus and would enjoy meeting all of you... Hope to attend whatever the next meeting is. You can reach me thru the forum or email to bigredryder@comcast.net TC Sue

Welcome back to New England. I'm sure there will be a winter meeting soon. Too bad you couldn't make it to the meeting at my place last week. I was at Logees' greenhouse for a plant workshop yesterday in Danielson Ct. Is that near your neck of the woods ?? Meet you soon at the NEDA meeting. David T

Hi David... Thanks for the welcome back to the land of snow and ice haha.... I know I missed your meet but we are still settling in... I live about 10 minutes or so from Al.. Killingworth is by Clinton and Madison by the shore.. Danielson is about an hour away I think.
    I look forward to meeting you and everyone else as well at the next get together.. TC Sue

Registered Member

Hi Sue,

Welcome to CT and I'm pretty sure you know by now that CT is the "hotbed" for discus. If you're ever looking for some great discus Al and Mike from Blackwater Aquria is like a 10-15 minute drive from your location. Oh yeah, I always have some discus for sale or trade if you're interested.

All the best,
    Billy

Registered Member treemanone2003's Avatar
    Real Name
    George

Default Re: USA - Connecticut

Hello all !!

It took me a while but I've finally found the CT thread. I see the last posting date was in 2010 and really hope to create more activity here now that it's 2014. As for me I'm in Bridgeport, right along the 95 corridor. Sure looking forward to creating some more flow here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast