AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USA - Georgia

Default USA - Georgia

Hi all,
    If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Peachtree Discus's Avatar

Default Re: USA- Georgia

i'm in atlanta (north). you can always send me a private message. i just purchased a domain that I am still setting up - www.bigdiscus.com . i will update this post with my contact info once i have implemented. have a great 1 & thanks.
    Wes (FishFlakes)
    "Lifes a game but its not fair, I break the rules so I dont care,
    ...so I keep doin my own thing - walkin tall against the rain"

Hi.. I'm Sue and live in Northern Georgia... Morganton.. about 1 1/2 hours north of Atlanta. You can always pm me and I'll quickly respond. Looking forward to meeting other flat fish friends in the area.

Registered Member

Hi! I'm in Waynesboro, 20 miles south of Augusta. I'm new to discus fish but not to aquariums. I don't know how much I have to offer a this point but it is always great to meet other fish lovers in the area.

Mick

Registered Member

Just fyi everyone if you are in the Atlanta area, we have a large freshwater club. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/

We also are holding our bi-annual large fish auction March 15th this year.

Registered Member

Hello, I am East of Atlanta and getting back into discus but not into breeding them.

Registered Member

Just getting set up with my aquarium and doing all the research I can before making my first purchase! Think i've already found who I'm getting them from

I'm south of Atlanta.

Registered Member

How cool is this! I have been keeping fish since 2003, both freshwater and saltwater. I have had a discus tank for about two years but have just recently found this website and the REAL scoop on keeping them. I am south of Atlanta, in Macon.

Peggy
    Last edited by ILuvTropicalFish; 01-13-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added something

Registered Member

Hi- I'm in Woodstock, just north of Atlanta, and have been keeping discus since June '09. Even though I'm a newbie, I've learned a vast amount about these jewels of the aquarium hobby, mainly due to the enormous information resources and experienced people on this forum, and have made two new friends in my area as well. This site totally rocks, and everyone is willing to help you succeed as a discus keeper, however obscure or dumb-sounding a question you might ask

Cheers Everyone, talk again soon,

Colin

Registered Member

Hello everyone, I live in Kennesaw and have been keeping and breeding discus for about 6 years. Ive met Colin. Super nice guy.
    Scott

Hi, I live in Roswell and am new to discus. I got my fish from Chad in Acworth, and I keep a planted tank. Just trying to learn as much as possible from this great site and grow out my fish!

Welcome, you should join the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. We meet once a month with some great speakers covering different topics on both fish and plants along with a mini auction at the end of each meeting. We have a growing number of planted tank hobbyist (I'm one) and quite a few discus people, several hobbyist breeders of discus (I'm trying to be one). The next meeting is actually our semi annual auction on March 6th, and then back to our regular meetings on April 4th. You can find out more on our website here

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/

Also check out our forum here

http://atlantaaquarium.com/forum/index.php

Larry

Registered Member Fishwhispererpam's Avatar

Hello everyone!

I'm NE of the ATL in Gwinnett County... Dacula. Also somewhat new to discus but not to FW aquariums. And I am certainly smitten with these round little guys. Hope to meet some of you one day.

Thanks!

Pam
    ...is there a 12 step program for this Discus addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhispererpam View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I'm NE of the ATL in Gwinnett County... Dacula. Also somewhat new to discus but not to FW aquariums. And I am certainly smitten with these round little guys. Hope to meet some of you one day.
    Thanks!
    Pam
    Hey Pam,
    Welcome to Discus & Simply. Keep an eye on the Southeast Discus Enthusiasts section of this site. We are local, get together a few times a year & we are sponsoring the 2012 NADA discus show in Atlanta. Would love to have you on board with the club. PM or email Larry Bugg(Buggman) and he will put you on our contact list.
    Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Registered Member

Hey all I am Cliff and I live in the Woodstock area. Got intrigued by Larry to get into the discus hobby after meeting him through a craigslist exchange. I use to keep Oscars in a 150g tank and swapped with Larry for his 75. Still working through some issues with my initial fish but trying to follow the book as close as I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast