AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA - Georgia

Registered Member Fishwhispererpam's Avatar

Default Re: USA- Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres1 View Post
    Hey Pam,
    Welcome to Discus & Simply. Keep an eye on the Southeast Discus Enthusiasts section of this site. We are local, get together a few times a year & we are sponsoring the 2012 NADA discus show in Atlanta. Would love to have you on board with the club. PM or email Larry Bugg(Buggman) and he will put you on our contact list.
    Chad
    thanks Chad! I have contacted him and want to be on the club list, so great! I am also interested in getting involved with the 2012 NADA !!
    ...is there a 12 step program for this Discus addiction?

Great Pam, Just stay in touch & we'll find a place for you for sure.
    Thanks,
    Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!
    NADA Show Convention Atlanta 2012
    Member of SouthEast Discus Enthusiasts
    North American Discus Association Board Member

Registered Member

Hello, all. I'm excited to resume discus keeping after a 10 year hiatus (kids, demanding job, etc.). I currently reside in the small town of Powder Springs, just west of Marietta.
    It would be great to find a local breeder so that, for once, I can look at the little buggers before I pay for them. I look forward to meeting each of you at a local show or meeting.
    Have a great day.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S. View Post
    Hello, all. I'm excited to resume discus keeping after a 10 year hiatus (kids, demanding job, etc.). I currently reside in the small town of Powder Springs, just west of Marietta.
    It would be great to find a local breeder so that, for once, I can look at the little buggers before I pay for them. I look forward to meeting each of you at a local show or meeting.
    Have a great day.

Chuck
    Welcome to SD. Your two local breeders are Sabres1 (Chad) and myself. Chad lives in Acworth and I live in Cumming.

Chad currently has discus available that you can see in these two threads.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...lood-Offspring

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...n-January-2014

You can see what I have available here

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showt...-a-Proven-Pair
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Scott Earley

Just setting up a fish room for the first time and plan on including discus and angels.
    Live in Decatur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Scott Earley
    Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S. View Post
    Have a great day.
    Chuck
    Welcome back Chuck! Glad you're back in the hobby and have found such a great website to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by Searley View Post
    Just setting up a fish room for the first time and plan on including discus and angels.
    Live in Decatur.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Welcome to SimplyDiscus! Contact Larry Bugg on the forum here and he can add you to our contact list for our local club

Chad
    Proud Host of the best Discus show ever in North America because of the people who came!!

Registered Member

New freshwater aquarium setup here.
    I have been doing reef/salt water aquariums for the last 15 years. I am very interested in adding Discus to me 75 Gal planted tank. I am currently looking to add a couple 4-5 inch discus. If any one has any available, let me know.
    Wynford

Larry

Just saw your youtube video. Very nice. Is the red pair the santarem parents? Also the blue pair- what is the dark blue- scorpian? What are the parents? Id like to see your operation sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    Larry

Just saw your youtube video. Very nice. Is the red pair the santarem parents? Also the blue pair- what is the dark blue- scorpian? What are the parents? Id like to see your operation sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well not positive I know for sure which you are referring to so in the video. The first pair are a Male Stendker Fire Red from Hans and the Female is a Super Red Melon from Mike Beals. I have 3 week old fry from them but they are not shown in the video. The Santerm parents (Stendker from Hans) are at 1.36 in the video. I believe the blue pair you are referring to are at 3.07 in the video. This is a Stendker Flachen pair, again from Hans. Most Stendker Flachen are a green shade but you will find some that are close to a blue/violet shade as my pair are. You won't find very many like this. The male was one of the Show fish at NADA 2012. Hope that helps. Visitors are always welcome in my Fish room. In the Atlanta area sometime...........give me a shout.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by wynford View Post
    New freshwater aquarium setup here.
    I have been doing reef/salt water aquariums for the last 15 years. I am very interested in adding Discus to me 75 Gal planted tank. I am currently looking to add a couple 4-5 inch discus. If any one has any available, let me know.
    Wynford
    Chad may have a couple of 4 to 5 inch available. I have 3 - 5" wilds available and I have two 6"+ domestics available. You can see the 6" in the thread I posted above. Interested in the wilds, let me know and I can get you some pics.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President

Registered Member

Thanks, Larry, not sure if my tank is right for the wilds, I run it at ph of 7 and a temp of 82. What would the coloring be on the wilds? I am located in Marietta Ga.
    I don't seem to be able to reply to Chad's orginial post. I don't know if he follows this thread or not, if he does ....
    Chad do you still have some of the leopard/pigeon blood offspring available? If so how big are they currently? I would be interested in a couple of them, depending on the price of course.
    wynford

Hey Wynford,

I am currently out if town right now. I'll throw you a PM or Email when I return to Acworth.

Chad

Registered Member

Chad, sounds good!
    wynford@aol.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Karen

Default Re: USA - Georgia

Hi, I'm just venturing into the world of Discus, Have kept Angels for many years and a few other fresh water tanks. I've been reading up on here and kind of getting my bearings. Finally took the plunge a few weeks back and bought my first Discus from Chad (cute little buggers!). My children are grown and think I've just gone crazy, with the tanks. LOL. Oh well heres to insanity. (or maybe they are my sanity?). I'm in Cartersville.

Default Re: USA - Georgia

Welcome Karen,

How about some pictures of the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by keeryn View Post
    Hi, I'm just venturing into the world of Discus, Have kept Angels for many years and a few other fresh water tanks. I've been reading up on here and kind of getting my bearings. Finally took the plunge a few weeks back and bought my first Discus from Chad (cute little buggers!). My children are grown and think I've just gone crazy, with the tanks. LOL. Oh well heres to insanity. (or maybe they are my sanity?). I'm in Cartersville.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast