ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USA - Illinois

Registered Member

Default Re: USA-Illinois

Welcome, Irshad! How about coming to the meeting we are holding, this Saturday early evening? Plz see my post above.
    Thanks!
    Harriett

Registered Member

Thanks Harriett! I am working this sat but i hope to make it to next meeting. hope u all have a good time!

Registered Member

Hello everyone, my name is Mark. I am from Bloomington, IL and have been into angels for about 9 or 10 years. I have wanted to get into discus for a few years and recently purchased a few small ones.

If anyone is from central IL. send me a e mail and lets talk.

twocat

Registered Member

Hello,

Do you have any Discus for sale. Please email me at petronej@hotmail

Dylan,
    just got into discus

Registered Member

Ryan,
    Have had a few discus tanks in the past, really getting back into it right now. From Schaumburg Illinois

Real Name
    Julian

Hi All, my name is Julian. I am from Jacksonville Fl, I' ve been into Discus for about 10 years, with angels, and salt water on the side. for the last three years I went in to Discus only. These days I'm living in Honolulu Hawaii. for at least next three years. Right now I'm working in reunite all the Discus lover's here in Oahu. We want to creat a loose Honolulu Discus Association.
    If you are intersested please e-mail or PM

Real Name
    Robbie

Anyone in West Central Illinois? I am right on the Mississippi River. My name is Robbie and home town is Hamilton.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Hello everyone my name is Josie I have had discus for 5 years now and recently started getting into breeding. I'm from chicago IL, north side any questions or comments just PM me. I would love to get together with other discus nuts. please let me know if there is still meetings going on.

Registered Member

Hi, my name is Sandy and I live in Streator IL. I have been raising fish for over 25 years, but, just started the Discus about 2 years ago. It is really hard to find any for sale around this area. Streator is about 60 miles north of Bloomington or 60 miles south west of Joliet. Anyone have any for sale around this area?

Real Name
    Brandon Trier

Hello Illinois crowd! We had a good turn out at our last meeting held in Janesville but would like to see a better group as we become more organized. This will happen as more people join in the happening. We have people from Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa. The potential is here to have a great group that sets the foundation to discus keeping and to teach that foundation and love for discus keeping to others in our area. You may contact me via pm if you're interested. Whether you're an experienced keeper or a novice you're welcome to join.
    -Brandon
    Discus.....The best cult I've been a part of!
    B's Bunker

Registered Member

Default Re: USA - Illinois

Hello, my name is Dave. Im new to Discus and have only been in the hobby since 10/2013. I have a 36bow as my original tank, now converted to a hospital tank where I have 4 occupants trying to nurse back to health that I purchased from a local well known imported that came down ill. Learned the hard way and didnt follow the golden rule because of sellers reputation and added to my other discus show tank, a 75 bow front with other fish already in it. Removed the 4 I purchased and removed and established a hospital tank back in the 36 with a med regimine of PP, Quick Cure and Metro at different intervals. Also have a 155 bow accupied by other cichlids. Will convert to a discus show tank once Ive gained more experiernce and healthier fish. I live west of chicago and new to this site as I stumbled on it while searching knowledge and info on my sich discus. Read many postings and enjoy all of the knowledge as well us the ups and downs you more experienced keepers have. I hope to learn as much and enjoy the hobby like the rest of you and lynk, buy or trade locally while connecting with nice people. In the meantime I will continue to reads the posts and answers to hopefully get my sick ones back in shape with your help and experiences. Thanks

Dave in Aurora Illinois

Welcome Dave. You have some good SD members right in your neck of the woods.

Hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of valuable information here.
    DiscusLoverJeff

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
    Confucius

Registered Member

Thanks Jeff, looking forward to the forum and lynking to local members. Btw, what a beautiful Discus as your posting picture! What is that color called?

Hi Dave,welcome to Simply.I cant be to far from you,around 95th and 59 if you need some help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast