AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA - Kentucky

Registered Member

Default Re: USA-Kentucky

I looked up pictures of your alenquer and santarem. i really like those! i saw the ones from discus hans you mentioned. thanks for the info.

Mark Moriarty in Frankfort, KY. Frankfort lies between Lexington & Louisville.

I just got my very first discus in March of this year after my ex girlfriend bought me 8 beautiful blue diamond discus for my birthday.

I have been keeping tropical fish since 1980. I've dabbled in saltwater, but I always seem to return to my first love which is the freshwater tropicals.

When I got my blue diamonds they were only 2" long, but now they are all between 3" - 4."

I've got four of them that have paired off together and have recently started exhibiting spawning behavior. I'm considering parting with the four others who have not paired off.

The reason I am considering parting with the four "loners" is because I am wanting to try some other varieties to take their place in an attempt to showcase more than one species in my discus tank.

I am very interested in getting one or two turquoise blue, and one or two diamond snakeskin discus that I've seen on the Kingdom Come Discus website which I came across here at this site.

I never knew that there was a discus hatchery here in central KY. I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful discus they have up close in person.

Have any of you visited their hatchery in Wilmore, or perhaps purchased any of their fish before?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Have any of you visited their hatchery in Wilmore, or perhaps purchased any of their fish before?
    No but I hope to soon

I have.
    I've purchased several fish from Kraig. The last time I was there he had more Discus than most pet stores had fish.

Super nice guy.
    Tracy

Registered Member Mannie Bothans's Avatar

Hi. I live in Lexington. I am trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...Seeking-Advice

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

I would be glad to try to help. Drop me a pm or a email. www.kingdomcomdiscus@gmail.com
    Kraig

Real Name
    David

Hello all. I'm about 40 minutes southeast of Bowling Green, just across the state line in Lafayette, TN.

I'm just getting back into caring for fish after a 17 year hiatus. My wife previously kept discus in the late 1990's, but I'm only experienced in oscars from the cichlid families.

We're getting our 55 gallon community tank transitioned from an Emperor 400 to an Eheim 2236 & stable, with the hope to have discus by new years. So far, it looks like Kraig is the closest sponsor to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Hello all. I'm about 40 minutes southeast of Bowling Green, just across the state line in Lafayette, TN.

I'm just getting back into caring for fish after a 17 year hiatus. My wife previously kept discus in the late 1990's, but I'm only experienced in oscars from the cichlid families.

We're getting our 55 gallon community tank transitioned from an Emperor 400 to an Eheim 2236 & stable, with the hope to have discus by new years. So far, it looks like Kraig is the closest sponsor to me.
    Nice to see more people in the area I live in Bowling Green.

Sean
    My wife names my fish

Real Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ZX10R View Post
    Nice to see more people in the area I live in Bowling Green.

Sean
    Thank you.
    tnaqua.org member
    No aquatic creatures were harmed in the creation of this signature, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Just a short 3 hour drive. Glad to see you here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post

Kraig

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Default Re: USA - Kentucky

I am on northern KY just outside Cincinnati, OH.

Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12