ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: USA - Maryland

Default USA - Maryland

Hi all,
    If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Default USA-Maryland

Hi I'm Discus Hans,

Discus Pimp + Hobbyist.

Together with Joanne, my wife, we run Discus Hans USA.
    Our normal business is whole sale, but visits are possible after appointment

Discus Hans USA
    443 992 6972
    discus-hans@comcast.net
    www.discus-hans-usa.com
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Real Name
    Patrick

Default Re: USA-Maryland

Pat Kelly
    Forest Hill Maryland

Discus beginner.
    Pat Kelly

Registered Member

Michael Gambrill
    Baltimore City
    mngpd007@aol.com

I have kept discus for a number of years. I have about 5 tanks currently. I have had as many as 10 running. I have grown babies out to 6 inches and had some fish live 6 years but have have had very limited sucess in breeding.

Earlier this summer Hans graciously allowed me to tour his facility. WOW!!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven. But then I had to leave. I really appreciated the tour. WOW. I only wish Hans would retail.

Years ago I visted Gwynnbrook on several occasions. It was also a great setup. I saw my first fully spotted (leopards?) at Gwynnbrook.

About 10 or 15 years ago there was a discus show and auction at the Hilton in Baltimore County. It must be time for another by now.

Hi! I'm Ken. I started back into tropical fish with Discus this past summer. I met Hans and his fish and I was hooked! I'm currently growing out 5 beautiful fish I purchased from Hans. They are doing well in a planted 55 gal community tank having grown from 2 1/2 inchers to 4 inchers. I hope to expand with some additional fish from Hans and it looks like I may end up with a "pair" from these original 5.
    Last edited by KEWX; 01-13-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: grammer

Registered Member

Hi... My name is Rich. I live in Waldorf, MD... maybe an hour or so south of Hans (lucky me!). I have had discus before, but I still consider myself a newbie, as I continue to learn a lot about them, seemingly daily. As I type this, I have an empty (but water-filled) 125 gallon in my basement right now, soon to be home to some of Hans awesome fish!

I am also a member of the Capital City Cichlid Association (hi, Pat!).

-Rich

Hi there, I'm Steffi from Poolesville, MD. Started with discus in late 2009. Eventually my 200g river tank setup for hillstream loaches was converted into a planted discus tank. Currently have 2 breeding tanks, 3 grow-out tanks and my display tank running. Would love to have more tanks or a fish room but have no space....

hello, im walt from towson md. i am getting back into discus after a nice run with a reef tank. wanted to get back to my roots. the best part about discus and fresh water in general is free water changes! lots of mixing with a reef tank every week. feel a bit rusty but its been great fun. just one tank in basement. 75 planted discus with a few other amazon peaceful guys. growing out 6 mixed guys at the moment. almost baseball size. this place is great! walt.

Hi, I'm Jim. While I live near the MD/DE/PA border (the wedge) Im a member of GWAPA and travel throughout eastern MD monthly. Had discus on and off for about 10 years starting back in the early Marc Weiss years (early '90's?) currently keep a heavily planted 110 and a couple of 30's.

Cheers.
    Jim
    www.gwapa.org
    www.aquaticplantcentral.com

Registered Member

Wow, pretty quiet in the Old Line state! My name is Carl and I am working on setting up my first discus tank, a 120g 2*2*4 rimless. I am currently building the stand for it and it needs some more paint and then I will wrap it in oak!

I live in Bel Air up in Harford country.

Registered Member

Discuss beginner here in Annapolis, MD.

Anyone wanting to meet up for a cold one either here or in Baltimore, I'm game.

Registered Member

Also, very interested in finding local fish stores that are dedicated to the hobby and not just a place that has a "fish section" like PetsMart, Petco, Wal-Mart, etc.

Registered Member TropicalCreations's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris

Hello, I would like to let everyone know that there is a new discus group in the US. MADA is a group that has been discussed a lot and now moving forward with it. We are based in the Mid- Atlantic region of the US and just a bunch of discus keepers who wish to get together and talk/ share our experiences with other discus keepers over food/ drinks. By no means am I trying to take away from other local fish clubs but think it would be cool to have a group of people who are into Discus. We would work beside ALL clubs to help both of our clubs grow together and spread our passion for fish/ plants across the Mid Atlantic. This group would meet at different peoples houses across the area for our socials and meetings. If you are interested in joining or wish to know more please feel free to email us at midatlanticdiscus@gmail.com

Registered Member

Default Re: USA - Maryland

hi am a discus beginner from College Park MD working on a 75g. Started with 10 stendkers this fall and ended up with just 5 right now due to an infection outbreak that I can't seem to track.