ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: USA - New York

Default Re: USA - New York

Hi all I'm from Brooklyn East Williamsburg kept discus since I heard about Kenny it' been about 8 years.

Registered Member

Update. I live in SoHo with a 150 gal. I have fish from Hans and John, (snookn21). I also have too many other fish in my planted tank. Clown Loaches, Kulhi Loaches, Corys, Cardinals, Geophagus and SAE. My cell is 917 698 1876.

Registered Member

I'm in Flushing Queens. I took a long break from discus keeping (10 yrs break). I had many tropical fish and gold fish. But I love discus the most. So I'm back now with two discus in quarantine tank. I got them from Mr. Wang, the new fish store on Northern blvd. I'm planning to have a 75g planted discus tank. I can't wait to buy more discus.

Real Name
    TONY

Wow!! Quite a few New Yorkers! Sorry I'm late, been busy w/ much needed R&R. I'm Tony & I live uptown in the "BRONX" near "CITY ISLAND" now. Keeping aquarium fish about 10/12 years but DISCUS close to 3years. Thanx neighbors. "T"
    125g Tenecor - Cardinal, Serpae, Bloodfin, Redeye, Phantom & Pristella Tetra - Ghost Shrimp - Raphael Cats - Stendker Discus
    Rena XP4, Eheim 2075, 2 A/C500, 2(250w) Ebo-Jagers / Jehmco Controller, 29g AGA-sick
    "Knowledge Gained & Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost"

Registered Member

Default USA - New York

Tonytheboss, you're pretty close to me, also BX. Down by Fordham and University.

Registered Member

Hi Mench
    I'm new to Discus and live in Henrietta, N.Y. Would like to chat sometime. Email is bwatt51@rochester.rr.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Mike in the Bronx just getting into Discus. Shhot me a message if you are close email: chillIn_in_newyork@yahoo.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul Schneider

Hello,
    I am a new member to this forum and I live in York in Livingston county. I am just getting back into the hobby after a forty year hiatus. A ton has changed since then. I had discus back then but I don't recall all the information that is out there now. This forum's knowledge is a jewel.

Registered Member

Hello,
    new to discus and fishkeeping! I hope you'll help me out on this journey
    Ray - Queens

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Hi,

Matt here from Queens, NY. I'm looking to make my own beef heart mix but I can't seem to find any beef heart. Does anyone know where they sell it in Queens?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

I still have no luck finding any beef heart in Queens.

I'm new to discus keeping and recently came across something that has me concerned. Comment#15 in the thread below mentions how micro-bubbles could eat away the slime coat of the discus causing death if the water is not aged.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-age-tap-water

Since water parameters are different based on location I thought it was best to put this question here.

Does anyone find that it is necessary to age the water before filling the tanks living near the NYC area? I'm currently just putting straight tap water into my tank with de-chlorinators.
    If someone could share their experience on this matter that would be great. Thanks

Matt

Compare Foods carries beef heart. Should be able to find a few in Queens.
    Rich

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    Matt

Compare Foods carries beef heart. Should be able to find a few in Queens.
    Thanks Rich

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TONY

Quote Originally Posted by mkng07 View Post
    I still have no luck finding any beef heart in Queens.

I'm new to discus keeping and recently came across something that has me concerned. Comment#15 in the thread below mentions how micro-bubbles could eat away the slime coat of the discus causing death if the water is not aged.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-age-tap-water

Since water parameters are different based on location I thought it was best to put this question here.

Does anyone find that it is necessary to age the water before filling the tanks living near the NYC area? I'm currently just putting straight tap water into my tank with de-chlorinators.
    If someone could share their experience on this matter that would be great. Thanks
    Hi Matt, Food Bazaar on Northern Blvd and 42nd street for beef heart, also Western Beef on Northern Blvd and Steinway has most of the time. Welcome to Simply Discus.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by deliana View Post
    Hi Matt, Food Bazaar on Northern Blvd and 42nd street for beef heart, also Western Beef on Northern Blvd and Steinway has most of the time. Welcome to Simply Discus.
    Thanks! Its nice to not have to go hunting for it anymore. Asking the butcher for beef heart in places that don't sell it always gets me funny looks lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast