AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: USA - Ohio

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mark A. Thomas

Default Re: USA - Ohio

Hello Fellow Ohioans Mark Thomas From North Bloomfield Ohio just getting into the Discus
    I am between Cleveland and Youngstown in the Northern part of Ohio.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    sue

Default Re: USA-Ohio

Hi all,Susan here from canada,manitoba,winnipeg....I have 1-90g with 13 juvies growing. 1-90g with assorted cichlids. I just want to say I love reading all the posts here on sd. I have learnt a lot!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Travis

Hello everybody,

My name is Travis and I am located in Dayton, OH. I have seen that a few others are as well. I would really like to find out if there are any good events in the Dayton area or not too far from it. Please feel free to comment on anything that you all know about.

I have not yet gotten any discus but I am currently planning on getting a few in the next few months. I would like to grow them out in a bare bottom 29 gallon tank and then move them over to a 125 or larger planted tank, that I plan on getting in the next few months and setting up. The discus will not go into it for quite some time.

Anyway, that's my brief plan. I am working on doing my research so that I am as prepared as I can be when the time comes.

Thanks everyone!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jack

Hey Hey!

Jack from Mason,OH (45min north from cinci, 45 min south from dayton)

Just starting to get into Discus. Would love to see your setups if you're around me!

Teach me everything feel free to pm me anything.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Matt from Parma Ohio (10 mi. South of Cleveland)

Currently raising out 7 juvenile cobalts to hopefully breed

Also do reptiles and mbuna

Feel free to PM me or email me @ Mattgrizzlybear@gmail.com

Thanks!

Real Name
    Tim

I'm going to NADA? Anyone else going from the Buckeye state?
    Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Billy

Hello everyone. My name is Billy and I am from Crestline (around Mansfield) I am making the switch from keeping saltwater reef aquariums to discus this year. As I look around I don't see many breeders in Ohio. Can anyone point me in the directions of some reliable breeders? Thanks again. I accidentally posted this in another thread also. So I apologize if you area seeing it twice.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Landon

Landon from Arlington Ohio just south of Findlay. I've been a member for a little while but never posted. Have produced tons of angelfish over the years but have recently gotten into discus and enjoy these fish a lot.

Real Name
    Phil

Welcome! Saw your angels as well super nice! The more and more I see angels the more I think of trying some out, never had them...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Donald Dowling

Hi Jim,
    Are you still into discus? I live in Brunswick Ohio and was hoping to find a mentor for breeding discus. I have two pair that lay eggs but they do not hatch. They do not turn white, so I think they are fertilized. You could call me at 330 273 2840. I have a pair of Fuji red and Red Checkerboard that have paired. They are from Kenny's Discus.

Don Dowling

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

Hello all.
    Tom here from the south part of the state. Cincinnati on the east side.
    Currently running 3- 125 gallon 1- 75 gallon all grow out tanks and a 12- 30 gallon breeder setup with 3 pair right now. all from simply sponsors.
    The name Captain discus does not necessarily mean I know much, just when I became a member and was filling out the form that is what came out.(probably the 15 year scotch had something to do with that).
    Any way glad I joined.

Real Name
    Scott

Hi All!
    Located in Union KY, so not technically Ohio but close enough. I was actually born and breed in Cincinnati but moved 10 miles south of the border about 15 years ago.
    Current setup is: 2 - 20 gallon breeder tanks, 1 - 40 gallon and 1 - 55 gallon grow out tanks. Breeder tanks have two pair of Red Turquoise, that have each spawned and raised two groups of juvies.

Also a 125 gallon show tank with various strains of Discus.

Registered Member

Hello All,
    I am from Solon in the Suburb's of Cleveland. Currently raising a pigeon blood, red scribblet and a cobalt discus in a 55 gallon , Some guppies in a 30 gallon and couple 10 gallons.

Have finally got into discus after 15 years in the hobby.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

g'day folks. i live in cincinnati. recently moved down from monclova oh. grew up in brisbane, and met my american bride in perth australia. in the process of selling off my tanganyikan community to vacate my 125gal for a group of 10-12 discus.

Real Name
    Mark

Hello, Mark living in Sheffield Lake. New to Discus but have had a saltwater reef for 18 yrs and everything from Bettas to Oscars when i was much younger. Currently 245Gal display with basement sump and a variety of 5-6" fish from Kenny's Discus with 3 pairs laying eggs in the display. I plan to add another group next year maybe and at that point move a couple pairs into breeding setups.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123