AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USA - Ohio

Registered Member

Default Re: USA-Ohio

Hi!! My name is Sharyn. I'm from northern Tuscarawas County, in the grand state oh OHIO!! Looks as if there are a number of us here in Ohio. I used to have Discus 8 years ago, I had moved many times over the past several years and wasn't able to get things put back together the way I wanted. After a few serious health problems resolved, I am now situated again to start this all over again. I currently have 4-55 gal tanks, 6-29's and I am looking to add on 4-75's very soon. I have a 5 year old granddaughter that is dying to get her first group of Discus and is eager to get it going. The future of all things are in the hands of our children/grandchildren. So teach them well!! They are sponges~they absorb more than given credit for.
    So nice to meet all my state friends!!

Registered Member

Hi, I'm Brooke, from Columbus, OH (Central). I have a 125 planted community tank with 13 discus (cobalt, red melon, yellow crystal, ring leopard, red fire, and leopard snakeskin). I'm currently in the research stage for a discus biotope with wild type discus. I've had aquariums on and off since I was a kid, but this is my first go-round with discus. Very happy with them!

Registered Member

My name is Matt and I live in the Columbus area. I am new to the hobby and learning every day. I recently picked up 3 small Blue Turq discus that I have in a 30 gallon grow out tank and eventually they will go into my 125 planted. I have kept fish practically my whole life and currently have discus, angelfish, tetras, corys, and several plecos. Even though I've only had these little guys a couple of weeks I am already hooked and can't wait to get more discus.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mary Kraemer

Quote Originally Posted by pepper2 View Post
    Bud Smith Lima, Ohio . I have a 75 gallon with colbalt-red white-lepoard-red gold diamond-yellow white-blue scorpion/blue diamond cross-albino
    I am going to sell a 6inch pigeon blood-6 inch pigeon with blue and orange-6 inch blue turquoise-3.5 inch blue diamond and a 5 inch male
    albino bristlenose pleco - all for $100 PM if interested
    Hi Bud, I am new to Simply Discus, and saw your message yesterday and took me until today to find it again. But if you still have the discus for sale, I'd like to buy them. I live near Cincinnati, and would gladly drive to Lima to pick them up. You say when and I'm on my way. During the day. Call me and we can make the arrangements.
    Mary
    Last edited by LadyGemini60; 04-22-2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: remove phone #

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Hello Mary - glad to see another buckeye keeping discus. These have been sold but I do have a fishroom full of various strains I am growing out. When you are able send me a private message
    Bud

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mary Kraemer

How do I do a private message?
    Mary

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGemini60 View Post
    How do I do a private message?
    Mary
    Since you are new go FAQ at the top of the page and you can find info on how to navigate the site. I believe you will have to post ten times before you can send a message.
    Bud

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lew Heifner

Default Re: USA - Ohio

Hi,

I live in Lakewood, Ohio 44107, (Cleveland). I am new to Discus for the second time. I had to give it up for a few years and I'd like to jump back in. Is it possible to get a few relatively cheap locally to re-establish my skills?

Thanks,
    Lew Heifner

Lew, no discus are cheap. You wouldn't want one that was. RMS has those. If you want inexpensive discus, start with babies someone here is selling. Make it within driving distance now, shipping in our unpredictable temps will not likely get you live fish. I just moved from Lakewood(had 2 75 gallon tanks of them) to Olmsted Twp. Now I just have one 125g of them. I sold my adults when I moved and just got 5 juvies at the OCA show last week.
    125 G Tank. 14 Discus. 1"-4". Currently have Peach Panda, Fire Red, Blue Turk, Brilliant Red Turk, Crystal Face Yellow, Ring Leopard, Jaguar(1" waiting to see adult color), Pigeon Blood, and a mutt or two. Lots of different Pleco's too.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lew Heifner

I figured we would not be able to really cheap fish, but I don't want to pay premium pricing for substandard fish. We missed the OCA show and missed the January meeting when I had planned to join. Too many things happening at the end of the year so the timing to get some fish that require good care wasn't right. I'll keep lurking around and looking, if you end up with some fry, contact me. I have 2 55s and a 58, that I plan to dedicate to Discus.

Thanks,
    Lew Heifner

To all the Ohioians, there are some good breeders of discus in our state. Babies that are just under half dollar size, still in the brown fry stage run about $17. Silver dollar size, starting to show colors are $25-30.

Try North East Ohio Discus(Akron area) or Bill Deems( through 'LarryP' on the Aqua auction site we all know).
    125 G Tank. 14 Discus. 1"-4". Currently have Peach Panda, Fire Red, Blue Turk, Brilliant Red Turk, Crystal Face Yellow, Ring Leopard, Jaguar(1" waiting to see adult color), Pigeon Blood, and a mutt or two. Lots of different Pleco's too.

Real Name
    josh

Im new to the site an new to keeping discus ive kept everything else wanted to try something new...just got rid of my 450 gallon peacock bass tank an now have a 150 tall planted tank with 7 small discus.im in columbus an would love to have ppl to bounce ideas an fish talk with...thanks josh...

Registered Member

In the Mansfield area, getting back into discus. Its been a few decades lol. Good to find a good group. lots of experience with all kinds of critters wet and dry. Many no longer legal to import.

Real Name
    Dan

I'm Dan and live in Piqua, Ohio (North of Dayton). I haven’t had fish since I was a kid. A friend recently sucked me back into the hobby by giving me a 26-gallon aquarium with Platies and Neons. It became an obsession (hours of night and day reading/research) and a month later I bought a 110 High aquarium. I am about a month away from buying 12 Discus from Hans. I also have two dogs (Standard Poodle & Italian Greyhound) and have ridden horses (mainly Saddlebreds) for years.

Feel free to private message me.

Real Name
    John Summers

Good evening, my name is John.

I am new to SimplyDiscus but not new to Discus. My first pair were Schmidt-Focke #7

I live in Perry Ohio, about 30 miles east of Cleveland almost on the Lake.

I have been a member of several fish clubs in the local area and had the distinction of being a Grand Master Breeder.

I have been out of fish for fourteen years and now plan to get back in.

I have a 65 gallon ready once I find what strain I want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast