ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA - South Carolina

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: USA-South Carolina

Good to see someone else from the local area here! I have no young ones atm, but definitely get in touch with Eric (Carolina Discus) when ready. I consider him a good friend, he's got great stock and usually has some for sale, not to mention he is a wealth of information. Just don't buy them from Fishy Business! lol
    -Matt

I'm in Charlotte.. does that count?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Tony, Matt ("Discus-nOOb") is actually in the Columbia area. Check out a lot of his posts/threads from the past because he takes some awesome awesome pics and has some great discus. So in other words, you've got some one local you can key off of. Not sure if he has any little ones currently but if not then Eric (Carolina Discus - Sponsor on here) has some damn good stock on here and he's also a great dude that's up the road outside of Charlotte. I made the trek there last year and he was the first breeder I've ever visited. So when it's about that time then check him out as well. Also some other really good sponsors on here with great stock and customer service bud.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Good to see someone else from the local area here! I have no young ones atm, but definitely get in touch with Eric (Carolina Discus) when ready. I consider him a good friend, he's got great stock and usually has some for sale, not to mention he is a wealth of information. Just don't buy them from Fishy Business! lol
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I've already taken a look at the site for Carolina discus, he has some very nice fish but I'm leaning toward working with some wilds. Fishy Business is definitely out, their discus looked pathetic. Last time I was in one was so weak that it was stuck against the overflow and couldn't break away. Are there any good shops around? Fishy Business is ok at best, I hit up Fintastic in Charlotte but was not impressed, and Camden Tropical Aquatics was a dump. Other than that it just seems to be chain stores. I used to live in Oregon and got spoiled having The Wet Spot and a few other good shops within a decent distance.

Best wilds will be from vendors on the site. Great choices... i got mine from mark at discus origins.

I'm actually a little overstocked on wilds in my tank..pm me if you are interested

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I've already taken a look at the site for Carolina discus, he has some very nice fish but I'm leaning toward working with some wilds. Fishy Business is definitely out, their discus looked pathetic. Last time I was in one was so weak that it was stuck against the overflow and couldn't break away. Are there any good shops around? Fishy Business is ok at best, I hit up Fintastic in Charlotte but was not impressed, and Camden Tropical Aquatics was a dump. Other than that it just seems to be chain stores. I used to live in Oregon and got spoiled having The Wet Spot and a few other good shops within a decent distance.
    Yeah, no real good shops around here unfortunately. At least as freshwater goes. Nice choice on wilds, I'd love to have another try at them at some point. Wild season is approaching I believe. If you end up ordering some from a vendor online let me know, maybe we can go in together and save some on shipping.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by gillym View Post
    Best wilds will be from vendors on the site. Great choices... i got mine from mark at discus origins.

I'm actually a little overstocked on wilds in my tank..pm me if you are interested

I'm in the process of setting up the discus tank now, I won't be able to take any for a while but I'll let you know when the tank is ready and see what you have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Yeah, no real good shops around here unfortunately. At least as freshwater goes. Nice choice on wilds, I'd love to have another try at them at some point. Wild season is approaching I believe. If you end up ordering some from a vendor online let me know, maybe we can go in together and save some on shipping.
    How long does the import season typically last? I'll get in touch before I order anything, hopefully I am up and running in time.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Melissa

Default Re: USA - South Carolina

I realize this us an old thread, but I'm near Conway SC. Would love to buy locally bred discus.

Registered Member

Cool Re: USA - South Carolina

Andrews, SC

Real Name
    Matt

Welcome! Always good to see "locals" here.
    -Matt

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Melissa

Matt do you know of anyone closer to me than Eric that raises and sells Discus?

Real Name
    Matt

Unfortunately I don't right off the top of my head. Eric has pretty much been the closest source for quite some time, a good one no doubt just not quite in our backyard like we would like.
    -Matt

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Melissa

Ok, thanks. I'm hoping to make the trip sometime soon.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

here to represent the upstate,,greenville

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12