ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA - Texas

Default USA - Texas

Hi all,
    If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: USA- Texas

Hello,

My name is Jim Hall, I am located in Arlington, TX (between Dallas and Fort Worth).

I am a discus keeper, no breeding (yet ), and look forward to meeting others in this area. I can be contacted via PM or email at jimhall1@gmail.com.

Thanks,
    -jim

Morning all...

My name is Michelle. We live in Richardson, TX with our two Great Danes, 15 Discus (SS, turq, virgin reds, pigeon, millenuim gold, BD, and one mystery discus), assorted rainbows, albino BN, endlers, clown loaches, a few other assorted tropicals and a few shrimp.

I've just moved a snakeskin pair to a breeder tank but, I've not adjusted my water yet (added RO). AS soon as I moved them, one of our Danes developed serious heart problems and we are still involved with that.

I hope to be breeding by this fall. I also hope to acquire a breeding pair of Melons or Virgin Reds (or something similar).
    He is your friend, your defender, he is your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Registered Member

I am very dedicated to this hobby and will put in 100 efort to build a strong discus foundation in the DFW.i am makin space to make room for some quality discus.I am learning with the fish i have,goals are to breed high quality discus to get more people involved and be able to house nice discus with out having to break tha bank.i will look forward to meeting u guys soon as i can tell yall share the same love 4 this hobby as i.
    STEVE..
    Last edited by endo213; 06-19-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Registered Member

Hi all, My name is Carole VanDerMeulen, I have just started having Discus again after 30 years without. I live in Clifton, Texas which is right next to Lake Whitney, 30 miles or so to the north of Waco. As of right now I have 15 Discus and a couple of Parrot fish in another tank of course. Would love to meet other Discus Lovers too.Please feel free to email me at grandma4kody@hotmail.com
    Have a good day and will look forward to hearing from you.
    Carole

Real Name
    Tony

Hi my name is Tony, I have been keeping Discus for close to 10 yrs and still learning. I live in San Antonio and I am always here at Simply.

Registered Member

Hey there, my name is John. I currently do not have discus but I am slowly scraping pennies together for them.

I live in North, San Antonio and love this city!

Real Name
    Tony

Hi John,
    So do u keep any fish right now?

Hello, my name is Karen and we have 2 tanks, one a 7g nano planted with celestial danios and a betta and a 90g with cardinals and golden rams. Plan to get my first discus group from Dan at Gulf Coast Discus this weekend. Happy Valentines to me!
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Hello, my name is Karen and we have 2 tanks, one a 7g nano planted with celestial danios and a betta and a 90g with cardinals and golden rams. Plan to get my first discus group from Dan at Gulf Coast Discus this weekend. Happy Valentines to me!
    Wow, that is a fantastic Valentines gift....why didn't I think of that.

Can't wait to see pictures of the fish. Dan has some awesome quality discus.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Default USA- Texas

Hi,

I live in Houston,Tx. I have 6 tanks at home - one community tank and five discus tanks right now. I'm lucky enough to live close to Daniel of Gulf Coast discus so I can easily get my hands on good fish. I have some wild greens , some Snakeskin pigeons that I grew out myself and my latest pride and joy - 11 4" Heckels.

The greens and the pigeons have spawned may times but I have yet to get to the wriggler stage.

Aaron

Daniel was kind enough to let me have the first pick of the tiger turqs. I now have nine beautiful discus in my tank. Happy V-Day to me!!!! I'll post pics once they have settled in. They aren't too sure right now.
    Karen

Registered Member

hi my name joe. "JO-"E"(joey) I have 13 discus in a 135,and a 55 I just start to set up today for discus. I'm in plano, and there are a few other on her from the dfw(dallas/fort worth) area. how long do discus live?
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

I'm in Bedford but probably going back to Las Colinas in a few months. I have 12 Discus in two 55 Gallons.

Registered Member

any of you TEXAS people bring any discus to the houston fish auction Sunday june 21th(fathers day), everything will be there fish,tanks,equitment,food,
    fish magazines,etc etc. I'm hopping to make it down there with my friends and are group fishconnection. we will have t-shirts on so come say hi to us.
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast