ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USA - Texas

Registered Member

Default Re: USA- Texas

bump, jim,jon,john,etc etc any of you DFW guys/ladies going to be bringing any driftwood/discus to the texas cichlid asst. auction today in irving 2001 irving 75061. it's the hotel/motel right next to water burger at 183 and valley view lane.
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

Hey everyone, my name is Aram and I'm from Allen Texas and currently have 8 discus in my 55g tank. (6 juvies and 2 bigger ones) I am fairly new to the hobby but totally hooked!!

Registered Member

Hey y'all,

My name's Phil. I'm currently living outside Atlanta, GA but am moving to McKinney in a few weeks to do some aquatic plant research at a local lab. I got involved in the discus hobby 7 years ago here at SD under the name Biotypical. I'm a big fan of wild-type fish and am very interested in keeping discus in planted aquariums. My focus in the hobby is how to best keep fish and plants together so they both show their best. It's been a few years since I actually kept discus but I recently got my hands on a nice big tank and am looking forward to growing out a little school of youngsters.

Regards,
    Phil
    I'm not sure what Im looking at, but its huge and I think its going to be cool!

Aquatic Gardeners Association
    www.aquatic-gardeners.org

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

There are several discus nuts in these parts. The Texas Cichlid Assn. is the largest club around and most of us are active in it. Hope to see you around once you get settled in.

-john

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    There are several discus nuts in these parts. The Texas Cichlid Assn. is the largest club around and most of us are active in it. Hope to see you around once you get settled in.

-john

Oh, I'm sure you'll see me more often than you'd like. I took up computer gaming to keep myself too busy for "too many" tanks. Now that I've got the big tank on the way and school/work ramping back up I've given up gaming and am back to daydreaming about all the stuff I want to do with aquariums.

Cheers,
    Phil

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroPhil View Post
    Oh, I'm sure you'll see me more often than you'd like. I took up computer gaming to keep myself too busy for "too many" tanks. Now that I've got the big tank on the way and school/work ramping back up I've given up gaming and am back to daydreaming about all the stuff I want to do with aquariums. Cheers,Phil
    did I hear big aquarium how big?

Registered Member

225g, 72x30x24.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroPhil View Post
    225g, 72x30x24.
    that is big I had a 225 gallon aquarium, 72x24x30. the lady I sold it to turned it in to a saltwater aquarium.

Registered Member

haha, this used to be a reef tank that's being turned into a discus tank...obviously.

Now, I'm looking at moving the tank on the afternoon of the 19th and could use as much help as possible to get The Beast from Ft. Worth to McKinney. If anyone reading this can help please PM me so I can make up a list. Food and "tasty beverages" will be provided.

Thank you!
    Phil

Hi All

My name is David and I live in Round Rock, TX just north of Austin. I'm currently looking to purchase 5-6 small discus in various color varieties for a show tank. If you know of a quality breeder or supplier close to my area I'd appreciate a PM or follow-up post.

I did locate a retail store in Austin called River City Aquatics that sell Stendker Discus. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this store?

Thanks!

David
    Last edited by gwrace; 02-03-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Don't know anything about that store but Stendker discus are a good way to go. I would inquire with the store and get your fish as soon as they get them in. Bad things sometimes happen to discus once they are at the store for a while. If you every get up to the DFW area there are several on us that breed discus. Also hope to see you at the NADA show in June.

-john

Registered Member

David

Dan at "gulf coast discus" lives in Houston, his a sponsor here. I bought Discus from him before and had good experience. Sometimes he brings in an assortment of wilds.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Good Luck

Not sure but I thought Dan sold out to some other guys.

-john

Registered Member

Really?
    last time I talked on the phone about 5 months ago and it was him who picked up.

I might be worng but Ithink it was posted on here somewhere that he sold out.

-john

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast