AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USA - Texas

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Re: USA- Texas

There are several of us around DFW but I do not know of any around Austin currently. There is a Hill Country Cichlid club. They are great people and might know of someone.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by gwrace View Post
    Other than the local LFS suppliers does anyone know of hobbyist breeders in the Austin-Round Rock, TX area. I'm looking to stock up a newly cycled 75 gallon tank with 6 or so small discus.

Thanks!

david
    I live in Austin as well. I haven't seen any local breeders here. Best place to get discus here is river city aquatics. Personally, I think it's worth the drive to houston aquarium warehouse as their stock and prices are far better than anything here, actually the best quality fish I've ever seen. Their website shows pictures of the actual fish in the tank that they are in.

My name is Michael and I live in good ol' Lubbock Tx.. No one really near here, and only one LFS that has ever had a discus. (note how I said A Discus)
    I recently went to Austin and stopped by River City, and I can honestly say.. those were the saddest discus I have ever seen. I don't know if I caught them on an off day/week/month, but ther was a black discus, and several emaciated ones that made me wanna cry. I would never buy discus from that place.. I order mine from Kenny and they are BEAUTIFUL.. so much so, that I want to spend all my student loan money on a bigger tank, just to get some more . Like I said.. I don't know if it was just a bad time, but I was not pleased with river city, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Also, if there is anyone near Lubbock, It would be great to hear from ya

Quote Originally Posted by halo_demo View Post
    My name is Michael and I live in good ol' Lubbock Tx.. No one really near here, and only one LFS that has ever had a discus. (note how I said A Discus)
    I recently went to Austin and stopped by River City, and I can honestly say.. those were the saddest discus I have ever seen. I don't know if I caught them on an off day/week/month, but ther was a black discus, and several emaciated ones that made me wanna cry. I would never buy discus from that place.. I order mine from Kenny and they are BEAUTIFUL.. so much so, that I want to spend all my student loan money on a bigger tank, just to get some more . Like I said.. I don't know if it was just a bad time, but I was not pleased with river city, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Also, if there is anyone near Lubbock, It would be great to hear from ya
    I do miss Tech, but not so much Lubbock, although you probably have it easier now that the town is wet. LOL

If you ever get down to the metroplex let us know, there a few nice fishrooms and houses to look at.

Take care,
    -jim
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

I am here in AUSTIN AMERICA!..

only a newbie to discus.. but i have the FEVER really bad!! i look forward to make a trip up to the METROPLEX in the next couple of weeks!!
    Last edited by Skip; 08-26-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Hello Fellow CENTEX Discus people were are you.. !!

Registered Member

I live here in Mesquite
    My family lives in Lubbock so I am out there from time to time. May be we could meet up out there. I know the store you are speaking of in Lubbock. Theres just not much there.
    Maybe I could even bring some fish out there from here in Dallas there are several of us here.
    D'Wyatt

Default Re: L0V32FA1L

"Please keep this section non-commercial...Commercial posts will be removed.The exception here is listings by Forum Sponsors"
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Registered Member

Default Re: L0V32FA1L

Oooops ok sorry

Hello,

I'm Mac from Frisco TX. I've got 10 Discus (2 browns, 1 blue turq, 2 red turqs, 2 snows, 2 Penang Eruptions (juvies) and 1 Leopard Eruption (juvie) in a 75 gallon tank. I just picked up the last 3 juvies which are excellent specimens. Thanks Jim!

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Welcome. Always nice to see another person from Texas.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by macc44 View Post
    Hello,

I'm Mac from Frisco TX. I've got 10 Discus (2 browns, 1 blue turq, 2 red turqs, 2 snows, 2 Penang Eruptions (juvies) and 1 Leopard Eruption (juvie) in a 75 gallon tank. I just picked up the last 3 juvies which are excellent specimens. Thanks Jim!
    Thanks Mac! Welcome to Simply!
    President NADA

SOS Crew - Texas

Dang I don't know how I missed this part of the forum. Anyway,

My name is Luke, live in Houston, and I am currently cycling a 65gal drilled and hooked up to a 20gal sump (just got my first nitrite reading last night, woo-hoo!). I'm planning on getting 6 adult discus from either Kenny or Hans, along with some sterbai corys and rummynose. After spending literally months reading up on this forum, as well as others, and planning the tank's every detail... I'm already starting to get impatient with a fishless tank (week 2 of cycling). The cycle is moving along, I'm just ready to get some fish!

Glad to meet every one!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAg View Post
    After spending literally months reading up on this forum, as well as others, and planning the tank's every detail... I'm already starting to get impatient with a fishless tank (week 2 of cycling). The cycle is moving along, I'm just ready to get some fish!
    come to austin! i have seeded HYDROSPONGES!! bring me a fish from Houston Aquar. Ware. for trade
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Thanks for the offer Skip! I used SeaChem Stability to get things going, looks like it is working. Hopefully I'll be done in a couple weeks, fingers crossed

You know Dustin no longer works at HAW? It's run by a guy named John now, he's got some nice wilds in stock

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast