ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: USA - Vermont

Default USA - Vermont

Hi all,
    If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: USA- Vermont

Glad to see all the people from Vermont on this list! lol

"I am all alone, there is nobody here beside me"

anyone out there? I need some discus friends here!

LOL Go Solons.

Yeah why not Martha!!! lol
    I dont even have any remotely good LFS to browse in. Everyone here is into selling marine stuff and I havent gone to see the ECHO aquarium at lake champlain yet, there isnt much else besides that, maybe I can start a new england discus business so I can buy a ton of discus and stuff then claim bankruptcy and keep all the discus for my self....lol

Hey, give it a shot! Let me know how you get on.

Registered Member

You're not alone Prolude006. Just found this site a few days ago. Here in Vermont, if we want Discus we have to have them flown in. Pet Advantage in S. Burlington did have some, but they quit carrying them too. They weren't very good quality anyway. They were from Fishmart.

Hey Kerm where you at? What do you keep for discus?
    My whole tank setup is originally from Pet Advantage, I use to frequent it a lot. Have a friend that has worked there a long time. They are mostly focusing on salt water now. They dont have the time to keep good discus. The discus are actually from Discus Hans but they were so poorly taken care of they may have well been euthanized as soon as they had them for any length of time.
    Can you post pics here of what you have? I will post some of mine, which are from Mike Beals of Central Ohio. I get all my fish from sponsors on here now. My next fish will be from Dale Jordan as soon as I save some cash!! I would also like to grab some wilds from Discus Hans, but from him directly this time not my LFS, they look phenomenal!!
    I was also breeding sterbai cories, but lost my female lately, hopefully I will get another round of breeding soon.

David
    Last edited by prolude006; 11-19-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Anyone from VT?...I'm new to discus and the last post was 4 yrs ago- sad!

There's me, but you know that already. There are two fish clubs in Vermont as well. The OVAS (Otter Valley Aquarium Society) is based in the Rutland area. We meet in Pittsford the second Tuesday of every month (except July and August). The TFCB (Tropical Fish Club of Burlington) meets on the second Thursday of every month in Essex Jct. (except July and August). The clubs work together, along with the club in Montreal, to bring good speakers for the meetings. There are discus owners in both clubs. I attend the TFCB meetings when I can and am the VP of the OVAS. The TFCB is having a big 25 year anniversary this June with excellent speakers, an auction and even a dinner cruise on the lake. It would be great if you could check a club out. Where do you live?
    Joan

1/2 hr north of Montpelier. Rutland would be tough! closer to Essex. Do you know what time the clubs meet? Traveling a lot the next 2 months but then things slow down and would love to attend! Thanks for reaching out. It's just you and I it seems!

You must live pretty close to my sister then. She has many tanks as well (her main focus is breeding angel fish right now) and attends the Burlington meetings. They meet at 7:00 I believe. It would be great if you can make the event in June. The speakers are Eric Bodrock, Rachel O'Leary, Stephan Tanner and Regina Spotti.
    Joan

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolette View Post
    1/2 hr north of Montpelier...!
    I grew up in Montpelier! I'm in southern Massachusetts now though.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: USA - Vermont

Hi
    I just started selling Discus from Tony Tan in St. Johnsbury. I offer pick up only at the moment and are working on shipping which should be cheaper than gas to travel. Regular shipping will get them to your home overnight. check out my page www.discusandangels.com
    Phil