AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USA - Virginia

Default Re: USA- Virginia

Hello
    My name is Dustin I am from Va Beach I have been keeping a Discus tank for only a couple of months i have a 75 gal. tank with 9 discus 1 bushy nose pleco 20+ Black Neon Tretras

My name is Billy. I live in Chesterfield, Va and keep a 125 gallon with 11 discus and too many plecos. I have been working with Discus this time around for about 8 years now.

Welcome to the forum, Billy. Sounds like you've got a lot of experience with discus.

Real Name
    Kim

Hi I'm Kim Reese,

I live in Patrick Springs, Virginia. I have about 30 discus, 2 which are breeding pairs. And a gazillion aquariums. Would love to find other people in my area with discus. I also have a discus group on Facebook if anyone is interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/allaboutdiscus/
    Peace....Love....Dogs....Discus

Greg from Warrenton. 16 gallon in my sons room a 40b and a 55 hiding in the closet in the basement waiting for the 240 to arrive on the 18th. I have a lot of construction to do. Need to build the stand and canopy for the 240. I need to build to tank racks in the fish room and have some plumbing that needs to be done. I hope to by cycling tanks in the next 3-4 weeks and hope to have fish in my grow out within the next 2-3 months.
    ​Greg

Welcome to Simply, Greg, and we look forward to reading about your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Don in Virginia View Post
    Welcome to Simply, Greg, and we look forward to reading about your progress!
    Thanks Don - I am looking forward to moving from the planning stage to the build stage. I have my moments where I question my sanity but they pass quickly when I picture the finished product.

I only wish I was ready back when you had fry! How did that batch do? If I recall you kept some?
    ​Greg

Registered Member

Default Re: USA - Virginia

I am from richmond, va.(Glen Allen) lost my discus during move and long vacation. only 1 Red Turq (20 months age)Around 5.5 inches in my 90 gal tank. Lost lot of plants too. It is a female and had a laid eggs earlier with Dark Angel Male which I dont have anymore. I am planning to exchange/sell this Red Turq female and start fresh with new strains. Any local guys are interested ping me.
    Last edited by Varma; 03-07-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varma View Post
    I am from richmond, va.(Glen Allen) lost my discus during move and long vacation. only 1 Red Turq (20 months age)Around 5.5 inches in my 90 gal tank. Lost lot of plants too. It is a female and had a laid eggs earlier with Dark Angel Male which I dont have anymore. I am planning to exchange/sell this Red Turq female and start fresh with new strains. Any local guys are interested ping me.
    Welcome, Varma, to Simply. When you're ready to buy new fish, you might consider a drive up to Baltimore to visit Hans, it's worth a visit. Probably a three hour drive for you, or more, depending on traffic.

Registered Member TropicalCreations's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris

My name is Chris Teem and I'm back in Alexandria now. I currently have three breeding pairs and lots of offspring on the way since I have to clutches of eggs. Is there a group that meets here in the DC area?

Registered Member

Hi,

My name is Matthew and I live in Ashburn. I am just getting back into discus and look forward to interacting with you all!

Registered Member Larry Grenier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalCreations View Post
    My name is Chris Teem and I'm back in Alexandria now. I currently have three breeding pairs and lots of offspring on the way since I have to clutches of eggs. Is there a group that meets here in the DC area?
    Hey Chris, There is the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society in our area. They have monthly meeting and the guest speaker in June is Discus Hans. Several members keep discus.
    I'm a former discus keeper thinking about setting-up a 90-100gal this spring so LMK when your fry are ready :-)
    I'm kicking myself for not jumping on Don's Stendker's Tefe fry he was selling a little while back.
    So Chris, what strains do you have?
    Last edited by Larry Grenier; 03-08-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalCreations View Post
    Hi, Chris,

I discussed the possibility of organizing a group with Ed Most a while back, but with one thing and another, it sort of got lost. Ed came up with a good name, tho, MADA, for Mid Atlantic Discus Association. At one point I sent out a feeler here on Simply, and there was a good amount of interest, but due to lack of initiative (mine LOL), it sort of floated off into the ether . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Grenier View Post
    Hey Chris, There is the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society in our area. They have monthly meeting and the guest speaker in June is Discus Hans. Several members keep discus.
    I'm a former discus keeper thinking about setting-up a 90-100gal this spring so LMK when your fry are ready :-)
    I'm kicking myself for not jumping on Don's Stendker's Tefe fry he was selling a little while back.
    So Chris, what strains do you have?
    Hi, Larry,
    I didn't know Hans was scheduled for PVA, that's great news. I've got a pair of Red Turqs going now if you're interested, no Tefes tho. Maybe in a few months.

Registered Member Larry Grenier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don in Virginia View Post
    Hi, Larry,
    I didn't know Hans was scheduled for PVA, that's great news. I've got a pair of Red Turqs going now if you're interested, no Tefes tho. Maybe in a few months.
    Thanks Don, really interested in Tefe's or wilds or wild/domestic crosses

Attachment just for fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast