AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USA - Virginia

Default Re: USA - Virginia

LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
    Slow day at the office surfing Simply is my favorite guilty pleasure at the office.

Registered Member

Default Re: USA- Virginia

live in ashburn, virginia. i am keeping discus for 2 years.
    I have 16 discus now in 90 gallon tank with wet/dry filter.

I have 4 wild brown 5" plus. (4 sale) to retank
    757 362 8659 I can email or text photos and videos. 3 red eye 1 gold. They seem to be in 2 pairs and eating lots of live black worms

Via snookz21. <-- I think I spelled it correct
    Last edited by disc-va-757; 08-29-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    72" Drilled 220g

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Hai le

Hi everyone, im new diacus keeper and have l no experience about discus. I currently have 9 fish in my 60 gallons tank. I live in Burke virginia. Email me haile_161@yahoo.com if you wanna share your experiences with me. Thanks!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tony

Hi,
    I live in Oakton VA, just getting started hoping to be ready for fish soon.
    Tony

Registered Member

I'm behind this timeline, but I'm about to enter the discus side of the hobby and I am a fellow Virginian. I live in south west VA. Small town called Richlands in Tazewell County. I've been in the hobby now for 4 years. I have a 125g and a 55g with various rainbows, coryadoris, blue Rams, and lots of plants. I am about to put my first order in for about 6 or 7 discus to put into the 55g until I have space in the larger tank. I'm going to order through Hans. I am having trouble settling in on a strain or a couple/few. Also having issues on what size to order. 3" or 4". My 55g is barebottom with some jungle Val in pots and is definitely ft over filtered with the large eheim 3e and an aquaclear 30 and 70 to keep some boomed is rolling, as well as a couple sponge filters. My issue for the younger discus is I can typically only do one large water change a week )about 75%) rather than 25% every other day. I am looking at the Tefe and possibly the santerem, brilliant turq, ecetera.

Registered Member

I'm behind this timeline, but I'm about to enter the discus side of the hobby and I am a fellow Virginian. I live in south west VA. Small town called Richlands in Tazewell County. I've been in the hobby now for 4 years. I have a 125g and a 55g with various rainbows, coryadoris, blue Rams, and lots of plants. I am about to put my first order in for about 6 or 7 discus to put into the 55g until I have space in the larger tank. I'm going to order through Hans. I am having trouble settling in on a strain or a couple/few. Also having issues on what size to order. 3" or 4". My 55g is barebottom with some jungle Val in pots and is definitely ft over filtered with the large eheim 3e and an aquaclear 30 and 70 to keep some boomed is rolling, as well as a couple sponge filters. My issue for the younger discus is I can typically only do one large water change a week )about 75%) rather than 25% every other day. I am looking at the Tefe and possibly the santerem, brilliant turq, ecetera.

mcknightdr@gmail.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tony

Help,
    looking for a couple of water storage tanks, I am looking for tall skinny about 65 to 100 gallons each , is there a place locally NOVA that I can buy these? found what I want online but shipping is more than the tank.
    Thanks,Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony13 View Post
    Help,
    looking for a couple of water storage tanks, I am looking for tall skinny about 65 to 100 gallons each , is there a place locally NOVA that I can buy these? found what I want online but shipping is more than the tank.
    Thanks,Tony
    Check out some tractor supply stores in the area: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/water%20tank

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Scott

Hello all. I live in Stafford, VA. Don't let the nickname fool you; I'm completely new to discus (lots of experience with other species...). I just needed something easy to remember. My tank (110g high) is cycling and I'll be looking for discus in a few weeks, I hope. I plan on driving up to Discus Hans unless someone else has a better idea. I'm looking for LED lighting as well. I'm really frustrated with that, because the tank is 30" deep and it's not like I can go to a store and see what each fixture looks like. Advice with that would be really appreciated. At any rate, I've learned a lot already on this forum; seems like a great community. I'm looking forward to posting pics when it's completely up and running--"fishing" for compliments.

Scott

Try buildmyled.com, I bought my fixtures there. You can choose between all kinds of looks and colors. Welcome to the forum.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Scott

Thanks. I just don't know enough about to know what to ask for. But I'll figure it our eventually. I give the LED site a try. Thanks again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345