ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: USA - West Virginia

Default USA - West Virginia

Hi all,
    If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: USA- West Virginia

Hi,
    I am Paul in Huntington. I have 14 Discus at this time.

Registered Member

Hey!

I'm also from the Huntington area. I also realize that post was made 2 years ago.

Hey, I'm from the Charleston area and I also realize that post was made nearly one year ago. Not many discus folks in WV. Certainly not any breeders that I'm aware of. By the way, where have you purchased your discus from? Mine have all come from Discus Hans.

Williamstown here (Parkersburg Area). I'm a former and future breeder of Discus, but currently focusing on Angelfish (several hundred). From my posts you may can tell that I have a particular interest in disease diagnosis and treatment. I also have plenty of Pharma-grade meds on hand if any fellow Mountaineers are in emergency need

Registered Member

I'm from Charleston. No discus yet, but soon - hopefully by the end of the summer. I'm trying to learn and also trying to figure out where to get discus since there aren't very many fishy people around. I've been keeping fish for about 5 years now, all tropical, mostly lightly planted tanks.

Great, someone from Charleston. I've purchased all mine from Discus Hans until two weeks ago. I drove to Columbus and meet Mike Beals of Central Ohio Discus. I would recommend either one. Great fish and both super nice and helpful. I'm heading to the WDC area late next week and will make a stop at Han's place for a small purchase.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by mteel7237 View Post
    Great, someone from Charleston. I've purchased all mine from Discus Hans until two weeks ago. I drove to Columbus and meet Mike Beals of Central Ohio Discus. I would recommend either one. Great fish and both super nice and helpful. I'm heading to the WDC area late next week and will make a stop at Han's place for a small purchase.
    It looks like you're going to work on some breeding. I'll keep up on how that goes if you post some info here on Simply. I'm picking up the tank and other equipment for my discus setup when I get home from vacation in mid July. That'd put me about 8 weeks away from being ready for some fish. I'd definitely be interested in some from you since you get all your fish from Hans and Mike. I know you'll have quality pairs. Good luck!

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Registered Member

Hey, just getting started here. I am in Charleston area. Would love to compare notes with you guys sometime. Maybe meet for lunch or dinner. have obtained a couple of pairs locally. Nothing yet. Bought some youngsters from Bill Deem in Columbus. Trying to figure out what colors and patterns I like the most.

Registered Member TropicalCreations's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris

Hello, I would like to let everyone know that there is a new discus group in the US. MADA is a group that has been discussed a lot and now moving forward with it. We are based in the Mid- Atlantic region of the US and just a bunch of discus keepers who wish to get together and talk/ share our experiences with other discus keepers over food/ drinks. By no means am I trying to take away from other local fish clubs but think it would be cool to have a group of people who are into Discus. We would work beside ALL clubs to help both of our clubs grow together and spread our passion for fish/ plants across the Mid Atlantic. This group would meet at different peoples houses across the area for our socials and meetings. If you are interested in joining or wish to know more please feel free to email us at midatlanticdiscus@gmail.com