ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Canada - British Columbia

Registered Member Canadian Aqua Farm's Avatar

Default Re: Canada British Columbia

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Hey all you BCians,

I moved to Vancouver Island over the last year and am now in Victoria. Really happy to see so many other discus fans that are relatively close by. Would love to make some contacts with others in Victoria, please pm and I'll gladly share my contact info - always game to meet and talk fish.

I currently have a planted 210 g with around 80 rummy nose and 12 GB Rams, plus the regular algae crew of BNP and sterbais.

Just placed an order for a batch of Juvies that should be ready around the beginning of March. This made up my mind to finaly join SD, even though I have been snooping and reading through this forum for some time.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you better.

Cheers,
    Louise
    Welcome Louise! We have a great discus community here in BC, quite a few in Victoria and other parts of the island as well.
    Visit us online at http://www.canadianaquafarm.com
    Keep up on the latest news by liking our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Can...74813692558298
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Thanks guys,

Hasn't been so long since I joined, but can easily say I've already picked pick a ton of info. Between here, our BC forum, The BarrReport and some online articles, starting to slowly feel a bit more ready for the young ones that will be joining me in a couple of weeks.

Can't remember how we managed with info before the internet and its forums, but sure is great to have a spot where so many can come together to discuss, help and share their passion.
    ~ Louise ~

Registered Member

Hey is there a discus group or breeder in Powell river?

Hi. Ummm..no. I have sent discus to one fellow in Powell river. Pretty small community.
    I have German discus arriving next week. As far as clubs...sometimes discus people get togeather for lunch etcmhere in Vancouver. Very informal.
    If your up to traveling...I may have a get togeather discus meeting at my shop in Vancouver.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?whlxog

Real Name
    Francis

Hey April......we need you there for the informal meeting lah.......we missed you the last time........coffee at yr shop & then dinner elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Hi. Ummm..no. I have sent discus to one fellow in Powell river. Pretty small community.
    I have German discus arriving next week. As far as clubs...sometimes discus people get togeather for lunch etcmhere in Vancouver. Very informal.
    If your up to traveling...I may have a get togeather discus meeting at my shop in Vancouver.

---
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Yeah I'll start thinking on it.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0wargr

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post

---
    What type of German discus are you bringing?

Registered Member

I am living in Victoria, BC I have great high quality discus . I breed them. They come from Tony Tan who is the best discus breeder.

Registered Member

Hi i am from surrey bc

Hi All - I've been an SD member since mid-2010, but strangely enough, this is the first time I have seen this thread.
    I've met several of you personally over the past couple of years, and feel I know quite a few of you others through your posts here or on bcaquaria.
    It's a great discus community here in B.C., and there is no question that April Ross and Rick Grange of Canadian Aqua Farm Discus Hatchery are the masters to turn to when needing any discus info. And people like seanyuki, mello, bonsai dave, 2 wheelsX2, target, and many others too numerous to mention, are no slouches either when it comes to discus ! Lots of discus knowledge here in B.C.!
    Last edited by discuspaul; 01-16-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Discus fever has struck. After checking out SD for quite some time, decided to register and join the crew to represent 604. Nice to see a few of the local forum guys on here. Looking forward to this new hobby venture.

Discus are like the Borg, Ming!

Registered Member

I have been here for long time maybe 2002 or 2003 that how I met April Ross.

You can check out with Northwestcoastdisc that was my old username I can not remember what is password.

So I am living in Victoria, BC I have 8 different kind of discus for sale. They are come from Tony Tan. Tony Tan discus are the BEST!!!

Real Name
    Francis

When is yr next Tony Tan's new shipment coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by vicdiscus View Post
    I have been here for long time maybe 2002 or 2003 that how I met April Ross.

You can check out with Northwestcoastdisc that was my old username I can not remember what is password.

So I am living in Victoria, BC I have 8 different kind of discus for sale. They are come from Tony Tan. Tony Tan discus are the BEST!!!
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    When is yr next Tony Tan's new shipment coming in?
    Maybe I will be getting more fish on late spring, Late May or early June 2013. Until my tanks are must be empty first before I will add more fish.

I will keep few breeding pairs discus in another room.

If you are interested in, please contact me.

Duncan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast