AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia - Queensland

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Default Australia - Queensland

Hi all,
    If you want to be found by other hobbyists in your area you can list yourself and contact info here....This section will be state by state for the USA. If you want to start a thread please check to see if its already started ... If you start a Location Thread.. please follow the standard of Country First, then state or province etc.

Thanks

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Default Re: Australia-Queensland

G'day, I am long time fish keeper since 1978. I live in the bayside suburb of Tingalpa in Brisbane. I have approx 200 tanks, 40 or so just for discus. Always happy to have other discus lovers over for a look and a chat

Rod

Hi Rod,

Anytime you find yourself wondering around in Ontario, Canada,lol, stop by. I live in North Bay. If I should make it to Brisbane, I'll give you a shout!

Evelyn

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

I'll take you up on that offer one day Evelyn, Canada is definatly on my list of must see places.

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

i'm from sunny Townsville North Queensland,I have been into discus on and off for over 25 years,just recently moved house and set up a new fishroom if you ever in the area drop in for a Rum and a chat !
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=62225

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Hi Rod,

Don't forget to pack some of theose georgeous blue turks, lol

Evelyn

Oh, I will probably be living in our nations capital, Ottawa, by then, so you'll have more to check out while you visit

if rodney comes to canada..he has to start with vancouver. besides..we have the mountains and trees and ocean . and..we are closest he just has to set his raft afloat and it will end up here. just a bit more north . : ) if he takes a wrong current..well..south pole. brrrr..

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

lol April, well i'll make sure i keep the rudder pointed north...as much as i'd like to see the south pole and all!!

It seems everyone i know has been to Canada, my parents, friends, countless cousins and relo's on my wifes side. I even worked with a canadian in a pet store for a few months, he was here backpacking, really cool guy, we got up to some mischief! Everyone loves the place, but say its bloody cold!! I guess i'd have to pack an extra jumper or 2?? LOL

Registered Member

Hi Rod, sounds like your aquariums would be a sight to see indeed.

I am just researching discus and haven't rushed in to buy any yet.
    I live in Lowood outside Brisbane and have 24 tanks with mostly just small plecos.

They make for pretty boring tanks during the day as the plecos hide in their wood and caves and I look like I have empty tanks.

I own one angelfish who is a few years old. I don't mind angelfish as several decades ago I bred a pair and raising the fry was quite rewarding.

Discus though have me quite intrigued. I have seen a few in lfs but they don't look much at all like those in the photos displayed in this forum.
    They are usually poor little huddled up things in the lfs which is why its taken me so long to really discover discus.

I will spend some time researching and absorbing everything in this forum and may give you a call someday Rod so I can see these beautiful fish in their best surroundings and go from there.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi Brengun,

Welcome to Simply discus, this is the place to come for discus info and to look at some great fish.

You won't regret keeping them, not only are they beautiful, they are fascinating to watch their behaviour. Not too difficult to keep either once you get the hang of them.

Rod

Registered Member

Hi Rod

I live on the Gold Coast and have only recently begun to keep discuss originally to complement my planted tank however chose to buy a breeding pair from a local LFS here.

Managed to get 50 to about 1 inch with their first spawn in their own tank however lost them one by one without really working out why. They continue to spawn regularly but still no success. And here i was thining it was easy at first lol. Anyway just wanted to say hi as ive been looking madly on this forum for info to get my pair going. Hoping you will rate my fish in the uni for me too.

Regards Larry

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Hi Larry,

Welcome to Simply Discus.

Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a discus breeder, keep reading and learning and success will not be too far away.

I have seen your discus in the uni and will score them asap, first though i owe some people some photos and need to attend to some other matters, but will get to them soon. I normally devote a couple hours each week to scoring pics and will do so for your discus.

Regards

Rod

Registered Member

Thankyou Rod

Please take your time i appreciate that you give it for free. I would love to see ur set up one day.

Larry

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by storm67 View Post
    Thankyou Rod

Please take your time i appreciate that you give it for free. I would love to see ur set up one day.

Larry

Larry, you are welcome to come over next time you are in Brissy, just call first on 0405 253 533.

Rod

Registered Member

Thanks Rod I will be up there on the 7th 8th and 9th december so if i can fit it in i will contact u prior.

Thanks again

Larry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast