ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia - Queensland

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Default Re: Australia-Queensland

Sounds good Larry, i'll be here on those dates.

Registered Member Queenserpentine's Avatar

HI all,

Good to see other Aussies on here.
    Not from Queensland but a HUGE discus fan.

Registered Member

Hey Rod, thanks for showing me around the other day was great to meet you.

I have been trying to pm you for dose rates on Paracide as we discussed but not sure if its working. if you see this could you let me know what rate you recommend.

Much appreciated.

Larry

Registered Member

Been lurking for long enough, I should probably introduce myself.

I'm over at Wellington Point, Brisbane. Been into freshwater for about 5 years, discus 4 years and marine 9 months.

3 tanks, 1 of which the boss has banned me from putting discus in, however have plans for another tank so I can dabble some more in growing juvies or breeding one day.

I am generally lurking about on the forums as there is an army of helpful people on here with more experience and knowledge than myself, however I'm more than happy to help anyone locally.

Pete

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks for starting this thread Rod, l've only just noticed it, even though l've been a member here for a few years now.

I live in Melbourne Victoria, in the northern suburb of Epping.

I started keeping discus about 20 years ago, and had a break from them for awhile before rekindling my interest a few years back...luckily l stumbled across this great forum.
    Hope to catch up with you all one day.

Cheers.

Joe
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member

hi guys im in sydney. i have a huge number of discus. always happy to help where i can. I have had discus for about 18 years and just cant get enough of them. I have some 11000 at the moment which consist of tank bred, wilds and Stendkers.
    Last edited by pcsb23; 07-24-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Registered Member

Nice set up and website Boxters. I forget what we have in Australia sometimes, even though it can be hard to find at times.

Hi Pete, Joe & Boxters. I have been around for a while but this thread seems to have passed me by. I'm Townsville and have been into and around Discus since I was a kid (my Dad kept them). My fishroom has been slowly taking over my dbl garage over the last couple of years since we moved here. Today picked up an 8ft x2ft x2ft growout tank which was the final nail in the coffin for the cars!

Good thread Rod.
    Keith
    The two best times to fish are when its raining and when it's not.

Registered Member

I realise this is a very old thread but I am from central Queensland and just looking for where I go to get some discus from a local

Registered Member

Rod,

It's always good to talk to discus owners, I find that they are generally pretty nice people!

I currently have a couple of discus that I thought were a pair, so sold my other fish! They have been on their own now for around 2 months and still no real signs of breeding - in fact they are fighting! I have tried big water changes with cooler water and am feeding them well.

I don't suppose that you have (or know of) any decent fish for sale locally?

Regards

Andy

Registered Member

Hi everyone,
    I realize that this is an old thread too, just wanted to say g'day and add my name to the list as an Aussie from Australia, Queensland, Brisbane South-side. I have recently got into discus again after keeping planted tanked for many years. I was told back when that I could not keep discus in a planted tank so I switched over to other tropical plant friendly fish. But, since coming across forums like this I have brought my first 4 discus sub-adults. I would love to add another couple to the troupe, so I am putting the yell out to anyone with any of the following sub-adults from around 9-10+ cm. I am looking for blue turq, red spotted green, ring leopard, royal blue or will consider any other blue or green based discus.
    Do you still breed or import discus Rod, if so I would love to grab some from you in the near future, I love the look of the fish bred by you
    Thanks to you all for the wealth of info and friendliness that I have seen on this forum, and for rekindling my passion for this beautiful fish.
    Cheers
    Kerrie

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dianne

Default Re: Australia - Queensland

A quick introduction from Adelaide South Australia. I'm Dianne and have just joined the forum tonight. I've always loved discus but unlike yourself Rod I am a small time keeper of discus. I currently have a 3 foot JUWEL VISON 180 with 5 young discus. I recently moved on 4 larger discus opting to start over with a higher quality discus. Two of the previous 4 had significant stunted growth issues from the breeder and also terrible damage to their eyes which caused them to suffer significant vision loss. I purchase 6 young discus last Sunday. Worming on day 2. Just yesterday my tank experienced an emergency water change. I sadly lost my yellow checkerboard. All others are hanging in there and doing ok but it was a sickening experience. I took advice from a LFS. I was advised to add a cap of melafix to the tank each day for 3 days and then at each water change. I believe that was the cause as prior to me adding the 3rd treatment they were doing quite well considering all being new to the tank. I've joined the forum to learn from those that have experienced it all and know what works with discus. I did doubt adding more but thought ' surely they must know '. I still have signs of occasional fin clamping but after taking drastic steps to do such a huge water change yesterday It has more than likely upset the bio filter some what. Keeping a very close eye on parameters to monitor ammonia and small daily water changes. BIG scare and I'm very lucky I didn't lose the entire tank! Hoping on learning a great deal more from this forum
    Cheers
    Dianne

Registered Member

Rod,

Do you still have all your tanks setup? I get to Brisbane fairly often and would love to have a look at your tanks.
    I have a 8x2x2 and a 6x2x2 that I will be setting up shortly and after that I will be in the market for some discus.

Cheers Ryan

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    G'day, I am long time fish keeper since 1978. I live in the bayside suburb of Tingalpa in Brisbane. I have approx 200 tanks, 40 or so just for discus. Always happy to have other discus lovers over for a look and a chat

Rod
    Rod,

Do you still have all your tanks setup? I get to Brisbane fairly often and would love to have a look at your tanks.
    I have a 8x2x2 and a 6x2x2 that I will be setting up shortly and after that I will be in the market for some discus.

Cheers Ryan

Real Name
    Austin

Good day everyone i also see this is a old thread but just wanted to add my name it the auzzie list. Im from the border of NSW and VIC i have been keeping tropical/coldwater fish for about 2 years i am currently saving for a new 510L discus tank.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    you can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast