ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada - Ontario

Default Canada - Ontario

Hello All,

I'll get this one started for those that live in Ontario.

My name is Evelyn, and I live in North Bay, Ont. I have been "into Discus" for about the last ten years, but took some time out to have my boys a couple of years ago, then decided to get back into it Nov/07. Anyways, I have somewhat gone overboard with the number of tanks (and fish) that I keep. I'm starting to feel like an ADDICT, but as I figure, there are worse things out there to be addicted to, so that little thought keeps me sane.

I have 8 - 20's, 4 - 29's, 6 - 35's, 4 - 40's, 6 - 55's, 8 - 75's, and a lonely 125. (This all started with the lonely 125, lol). I hope to start breeding some, as you might be able to tell,lol.

Registered Member

Default Re: Canada - Ontario

Hi,
    Are all these tanks filled with discus?? Do you have pics to show?? Would love to see if you do..
    thx

I will have some up shortly(within the week) I am one of those photo challenged people So you will have to bear with me.

I have all discus, with exception of two of the tanks of which have some africans in them. My friend will be inheriting these once he gets a tank for his son. I keep 2 of the 20's for medicine tanks, and 3 of the 75's are being cycled for some future fishies

My name is Joe and I'm from Burlington, Ontario, about 30 miles west of Toronto.
    I have about 20 tanks now with various chiclids, catfish and discus. I've been a hobbiest for about 50 years now and keeping discus on and off since the 80's.
    I've got some wilds and domestics. Most of my domestics came from Barb Newell and Bob Garside.
    My current interest is to grow out some wild Heckels and breed them.

Hi Joe,

I was wondering where you got your wilds from? I also have fish from Barb and Bob. Great people to deal with. It's too bad about Barb. I miss her daily emails asking about "her babies". I ended up with a few her breeders when she passed. I have a couple of batches from her melons, but I still haven't found the right mix of settings for the other pairs yet.

TTFN, Evelyn

Registered Member

Cant wait to see them! thx!

Hi everyone,

I live in Mississauga, Ontario. This is my second time keeping Discus. Our first purchase was from Barb several years ago. We got out of FW for awhile and have recently just got back in (for Discus). My current group of Discus is from Bob.

The Discus tank is our only FW tank. We also have a 90g Reef, and my husband is currently cycling a nano tank that will be a fish only with live rock (FOWLR). Though we have three tanks right now, at one point we had a tank in almost every room available.

Greetings all. I am Greg from Oshawa, Ontario. This is my first post as I just learned about this awesome site the other day.
    I've been keeping Discus for about seven months now. I just love them. Currently I have 2 tanks, a 46 gallon bowfront and a 10 gallon quarantine tank. I have on order a 150 gallon as a replacement for the 46.
    I have been reading posts all over the site and I must go see Bob Garside from Barrie. Could someone please give me his contact information. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wizard; 06-18-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Hi Wizard,

Welcome to Simply You can contact Bob through his website uppercanadadiscus. Great guy to deal with and he has some great quality discus!

Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Hi Joe,

I was wondering where you got your wilds from? I also have fish from Barb and Bob. Great people to deal with. It's too bad about Barb. I miss her daily emails asking about "her babies". I ended up with a few her breeders when she passed. I have a couple of batches from her melons, but I still haven't found the right mix of settings for the other pairs yet.

TTFN, Evelyn
    I got my Heckels from a guy in Ottawa about 18 months ago. He used to advertise in Pricenetwork. I understand he's no longer into discus. Oliver Lucanis at Belowwater also has some very nice wilds, but a bit on the pricey side.
    I too miss Barb a lot. She lived about 10mins from my place. I picked up some of the fish and tanks at the garage sale the family had.
    Joe
    Last edited by Moon; 06-18-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Greetings all. I am Greg from Oshawa, Ontario. This is my first post as I just learned about this awesome site the other day.
    I've been keeping Discus for about seven months now. I just love them. Currently I have 2 tanks, a 46 gallon bowfront and a 10 gallon quarantine tank. I have on order a 150 gallon as a replacement for the 46.
    I have been reading posts all over the site and I must go see Bob Garside from Barrie. Could someone please give me his contact information. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Wizard
    welcome to Simply. This is a great place for discus lovers.
    Anyone planning on going to Heiko's talk on July 26th? It's a good place to meet and get to know each other.
    Joe

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I am planning on going to Heiko's talk on July 26th. Sounds like fun.

I have a question regarding the US flag under my name. How do I go about changing it to the Canadian flag? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by wizard; 06-18-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Hi Wizard,

You can change the info on you personal file by going to User CP located on the upper left corner and then to edit profile, then change the country. This should do it, I think. lol

Hi Moon,

How did you get a hold of Oliver? There's no contact link on the website and when I type in that email addy, it comes back that there's no such email address. Thanks, Evelyn

Quote Originally Posted by 2075turner View Post
    Hi Wizard,

You can change the info on you personal file by going to User CP located on the upper left corner and then to edit profile, then change the country. This should do it, I think. lol

Hi Moon,

How did you get a hold of Oliver? There's no contact link on the website and when I type in that email addy, it comes back that there's no such email address. Thanks, Evelyn
    Hi Evelyn
    I had that problem too when I tried to contact him recently. I know someone who's got his contact info. I'll try to get it for you. My wilds came from a guy called Loyed. He belongs to the Ottawa Aquarium Club. You might try that contact.
    Joe

Many thanks once again. As you can see it worked!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast