AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/25/08 still not eating

Default Re: 6/25/08 still not eating

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyDiscus View Post
    Hang in there Eileen. I feel your pain. I have 100 or so 2 month old babies in one 40 breeder tank and the most of them came around. The group theory applies here as Armandi stated. When my system was being built I had 8 baby oscars next to my Stenker discus so that they could see one another. The discus were jumping out of the tank to get at the food because they were so stimulated by the oscars agreesive eating habbits. I think Im going to put the 2 SS back in with the other adults and treat the whole system. My 3 day cool down is almost up. Thx for you words Eileen. Ed
    Ed, just make sure they r well before mixing. I think i might have to take them out and med them. They seem real active w/the others but i observe @ feeding time and i don't see them eating.
    Quote Originally Posted by namasgt View Post
    eileen how many days did you go with metro and what was the dosage?
    i had problem with my discus too, they were not eating for 2 weeks until i started metro but only with a little over 100mg for each 10US gallons. the temp was no more than 91F, with the top closed. by the way the fish that were sick, were 4 to 5 inches in size it took 3 days until they start eating normal again. same situation for my juvie and it only took 1 day for her to start eat. for the juvie i was doing 50% WC every 24 hr and then dosing the same amout.
    i hope yhey get well.
    I first did a 7 day w/kenamycin and the three survived, but ate a tiny bit. Then i started met but decided to stop and put them in w./the rest to see if maybe that was it, but i think i will do a complete dose this time. I will be doing the same routine as u did. Thanx for the advice. Its well appreciated
    Eileen

Registered Member

Eileen
    i also added regular aquarium salt to the tank, 1 and half spoon per 10 gallons. dont try to feed for the first 2 days of treatment. no epsom salt.

Eileen, make sure to keep an eye on the rest of your fish. If the challengers are still sick you may have infected the rest by putting them together before the metro treatment was complete.
    -Karen

Have you looked in to Jungle Parasite Clear? It has metro and others and seemed to have worked well for most folks including myself.

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Quote Originally Posted by KJoFan View Post
    Eileen, make sure to keep an eye on the rest of your fish. If the challengers are still sick you may have infected the rest by putting them together before the metro treatment was complete.
    Hi Karen. I put them together because I thought it might be a trama for the little guys. Is bacterial contagious? I watch them all the time now that they r in my living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by dntx5b9 View Post
    Have you looked in to Jungle Parasite Clear? It has metro and others and seemed to have worked well for most folks including myself.
    No, not yet. I don't want to dump all kinds of meds right now. I plan on putting them back today in qt w/a full dose of metro.
    Eileen

I guess I don't know for sure on that Eileen, I just would have been of the mind to keep the sick ones separated from the healthy ones. But, if it's not contagious then the rest are probably fine.

Good luck on treating the remaining two!
    -Karen

I personally would try whatever advice Al gave you! I say this for the fact that Al is the Alenquer master...Not only that, he has raised a few discus in his days. You have his offspring and I cant think of anyone better to diagnose any problems you might be having than him!

Hope they turn around for you!
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12