ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discus Meeting in Maryland-Discus Hans and Dick Au double header weekend...Photos up.

Registered Member patrick richard's Avatar

Default Re: Discus Meeting in Maryland-Discus Hans and Dick Au double header weekend....

Hello,

I was planning on coming down to spend some time with everyone, and to see Hans hatchery. I just received some bad news from work. One of the guys that I work with is going on vacation, and I have to cover his shift. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone. I wish everyone has alot of fun, and enjoy your weekend. Thank you for the invite and I will see you all at the next get together.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Real Name
    Discus Hans

Default Re: Discus Meeting in Maryland-Discus Hans and Dick Au double header weekend....

Sorry to hear Patrick, next time better.

Rich, contact Al (The Boss) not sure what hotel he's staying,

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Registered Member

As long as Subcooler doesnt mind being stuck in a car with me for 3 hours,it will be an honor to meet everyone.

As a quick round.. how many are we ?
    I will be @ Hans between 4.30 and 5. Its going to be a gr8 time looking at the hatchery and amazing fish .. Hans you said you got 1500 new last week .. man thats awesome.
    Ashay Sathe
    Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

Blog: http://vrsathe.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up Re: Discus Meeting in Maryland-Discus Hans and Dick Au double header weekend....

The question really is can Tom put up with my music selections for 3hr.'s down then again back home?
    Just kidding I'll try to diversify and bring something other than Good Old Grateful Dead (like Jerry Garcia Band)
    -Just kidding if you wanna hear it , better bring it!
    Hoping others in the area will decide to come along-sounds like we only got about 10 members going!
    I'm sure we'll all have a great time in Baltimore.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Organic Farmer View Post
    As long as Subcooler doesnt mind being stuck in a car with me for 3 hours,it will be an honor to meet everyone.
    If you get confused... Listen to the music play-
    Jerry Garcia

Rob,

I may join the group at Hans' fish house afterward. I am going to be in York, PA that day and it's only a 35 minutes drive.

I'll be there ....I'm really looking forward to seeing Han's hatchery and maybe pick up a tip or two on the set up for use here! Meeting Dick Au will also make for a memorable trip for me.

It'll be great to meet up with anyone from the forum there.Hopefully a few more can join us... Hard to travel these days for so many of us...but I think this ones a great chance for a little Discus'ing

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Thumbs up Re: Discus Meeting in Maryland-Discus Hans and Dick Au double header weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by vlam View Post
    Rob,

I may join the group at Hans' fish house afterward. I am going to be in York, PA that day and it's only a 35 minutes drive.
    Hope to run into you there-you gotta make the trip if your gonna be that close!
    It was very nice meeting you(and your family)last time in NJ-hope all is well with you guys.
    Keep in touch,
    Rob
    Jerry Garcia

Real Name
    Patrick

Well at least fuel prices are down from what they were a few months back.
    I think we are running about $3.35 to 3.40 in my area so the trip will not be as bad as it could have been.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you at the meeting.
    I will be the goofy looking guy in the front of the room trying to pronounce the latin names on some of the bags. (and not doing a very good job) LOL
    Thats the part of the meeting I don't like. lol But someone has to try.

Pat Kelly

[QUOTE=Finman57;470619][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well at least fuel prices are down from what they were a few months back.
    I think we are running about $3.35 to 3.40 in my area so the trip will not be as bad as it could have been.

I'll fill up with gas here-$3.20 g. in south jersey.
    Price had to drop(election is getting close)! I expect to see $2.99 in Nov.
    Just so they can say see gas under $3 again-economy is good
    Enough about politics-Let's talk fish!

See you on Sat.,
    Rob
    Jerry Garcia

Hey Hans,

Any recommendations for crab cakes?
    Ashay Sathe
    Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

Blog: http://vrsathe.blogspot.com/

Sure hope y'all do it again later, Al, Hans, et al, I hate missing this one...

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Hi Al,

I have to coach a football game at noon on Sat. Game should be done around 2 though so I plan on meeting in Silver Spring at the meeting. I think some of my fellow members from PVAS are comming as well. I would like to take the trip to Hans fish house as well. Patrick, can non members sell fish in the auction? I have a few hundred fancy yellow tail guppies I will donate to the society. Thx Ed Most 703 932 1348 cell

Real Name
    Patrick

Non members can sell at the auction. It is a 1/3- 2/3 split on non donated items for non-members. With the minimum of $1.00
    Course if you want to donate that would is also great.
    I am not sure if a "few hundred" would bring much each at a meeting. Sort of flooding the market lol
    Thats a lot of guppies.

A lot of us belong to PVAS also. Including me. lol
    We have a lot of shared people. lol.
    Last edited by Finman57; 09-10-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Pat Kelly

*smiles* ok then on bringing 10 pair or so. Layhill Rd in SS then. That off Conneticut Ave? or Viers Mill Rd? Ed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast