ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has anyone bought Discus from LiveAquaria.com?

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Re: Has anyone bought Discus from LiveAquaria.com?

Quote Originally Posted by White Worm View Post

Yes, some have had to flush their crap and start over when getting discus from a bad source because you would never want to mix them or even keep them in the same room.

This is true ~ have you spent some research time in the Disease and Illness section of this forum?

Read. And read some more

Real Name
    Discus Hans

678 hits, can you have a better promotion for your company without being a sponsor?????

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

Well, their discus can't be better then very average, the pics I've seen of purchased stock are just fair. But hey, I could care less where you buy from, how or if you QT, the point is why come in here and then get mad at the people who are taking their time to help you? I saw you mentioned your parents so I guess you are young, so we can chalk up all of this to youthful arrogance. You won't get far in this world with your attitude, and never with discus either.
    Last edited by MSD; 08-19-2008 at 01:30 PM.
    Mark

Please lock this thread there's no point to it. I'm getting slammed for considering buying fish from somewhere other than this forum. And thats the bottom line.

"I could care less where you buy from, how or if you QT, the point is why come in here and then get mad at the people who are taking their time to help you?"

Yeah, clearly, that's why you took the time to post.... I'm not mad at the people who tried to help me.. I'm mad at the people who talk down to me for asking a fair question. Why is everyone here so defensive? I didn't mean to upset the herd. If you don't like new members than why let anyone else join?

Everyone here is making assumptions about me that are totally inaccurate. According to this thread I'm a broke 12 year old who works in advertising for that fish site. I never gave out any information suggesting that. Strangely I'm less irked by those assumptions than I am the ones suggesting I cant handle raising a fish.

Ask me questions if you want but don't just jump to conclusions. I'm sure based solely on the fact that I'm new I have no chance of getting a fair shake and having people see it my way. But whatever, most every question has been asked, and since I don't feel the need to post self congratulatory post about how pretty my fish are I can pretty much get by here as a guest. I'm done posting in this thread. Its fruitless. I should'nt have to defend myself. I asked a question about a vendor. I don't need people cramming QT information down my throat. Theres only 1,000 threads devoted to the topic. I'm capable of clicking on them if I decide to. You guys are like the quit smoking campaigns with that crap. Its pretty much the end result of every thread on this forum..

"You won't get far in this world with your attitude, and never with discus either. "

Actually.. I've done pretty well for myself, and I think my attitude has had a lot to do with it. As for getting far with discus.. im not trying to **** em, I just want to buy some nice ones.

You might just want to delete this whole thread, its going to put off potential new memebers..
    Last edited by Jim Curtis; 08-20-2008 at 02:30 AM.

I'm not really sure why you're getting such an attitude. If you don't like someone's advice, leave it. You got the answer to the question that you asked, it's just not the one you wanted to hear: there isn't much feedback on the fish from liveaquaria.com so it's hard to form an opinion one way or another.

Their prices are no better or worse than most of the sponsors selling fish here, yet with the sponsors you'd get to see the actual fish and there is plenty of feedback to back up your decision to purchase from them. Besides, liveaquaria.com is a branch of Drs. Foster & Smith and as such is probably a large operation that has pet store quality fish, discus and non-discus alike. I doubt they take the time and care to hand-select good quality specimens.

I'm locking this thread.

For the record, I don't appreciate your little digs at this message forum. Simply is one of the largest and most successful discus forums on the internet and we've helped a lot of hobbyists from newcomers to advanced fish keepers. If you don't like the atmosphere here, you're more than welcome to move along.

Ryan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234