ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sunrisetropicals ?

Default sunrisetropicals ?

Hey folks,

I am currently ready to purchase about 6 more Discus now that my 140G display has been established. My question is concerning on line merchants, I almost pulled the trigger on a $250 purchase from somethingsphishy, But thought I had read a post about them from this sight so I did a search and sure enough you good people saved me once again Reading that post I came across this recommendation from a poster about this vendor and was wondering if you could help me outhttp://www.sunrisetropicals.com/index.html please feel free to offer other sites as well I have never bought through mail order and am willing to spend a fair amount but not over the top as far as price. I checked the 4 sale post on this site and discman123 has some nice melons but I am not looking for those quantities. Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Troy

Real Name
    Alex

Default Re: sunrisetropicals ?

My fish from Sunrise are due to arrive on Tuesday. I had to redo half of my order because Tony refused to send me some of the discus I wanted because they were not 100% healthy, and 2 of them were beating the heck out of each other. you cant beat a seller like that.

I'll post some pics and give a review when they all arrive.
    ACA life member
    75 gallon WC tefe green discus
    125 gallon WC Heckle discus
    150 gallon tank raised Discus

I have bought some great fish from Tony @ Sunrisetropicals. I recieved very good fish.

I am still surprised why you didn't buy/order any from our sponsors. They help sponsor this sight, have wicked clean healthy fish and at very reasonable prices. Here you can get any variety and size for a great price here. NO discus are hormone treated or artificially colored here either..

Fish from Sunrise are good but pricey, the sponsors here are as good or better and much less. Your call.
    Last edited by MSD; 09-18-2008 at 03:09 PM.
    Mark

Real Name
    Alex

I had placed my order before I became a member here. I'll definately use a sponsor for my next order.
    ACA life member

Thanks for the heads up all... You guys are right, I will review the sponsors here and WILL purchase from them... Thats the least I can do for such a great sight and a wealth of experience you all provide... I'll let you know what I choose, already excited about the whole experience

Troy

Not just for the site but for you, you'll get more for your money and top quality.
    Mark

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

It's always good to try when possible to support the sponsors of this site. Yet, their certainly isn't nothing wrong with Sunrise Tropicals quality of fish.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Hi,
    Tony @ Sunrise Tropicals is an honest seller, no doubt about it. He's also got a magnificent store. I have 2 nice fish from him. However, I also agree with everyone here that you will pay a lot more ordering from ST than you would here. You will pay more for a fish of lesser quality.....

I also bought mine from ST BEFORE I discovered Simply Discus.
    Good luck! Tony has got some gorgeous golden leopards but they are very expensive.

Sophie

Real Name
    Jason

View in person what you are purchasing!...Anything else is a gamble...Too many crooks in this hobby.

Jason

Tony ive bought from like 3-4 seperate times in the past.He always was straight up with me about the quality.All you gotta do is describe what you want and he sends exactly what you asked for.If he doesnt have what you want your discus to look like he will tell you he knows better to be honest than pay later for being greedy.For that i say he's an excellent vendor i highly recommend him.
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

Please post all questions about vendors in our Livestock & Product Review forum.

Registered Member

I hand picked a group of discus [san merahs] a couple years ago [great store] and recently bought wild leopoldi angels from Tony; the quality of his fish is excellant, he was a pleasure to work with, and truthfully his prices were comparable for juvies with many of our sponsors here. He also runs sales. His shipping was great, no glitches. I like to support our sponsors and do, but I am also looking out for myself--if it's a high quality fish that I am on the hunt for, at the right price, and I know the seller will be straight up with me, I'm going to consider a purchase. Call me self centered.
    Best regards
    Harriett

Real Name
    Alex

my fish all arrived this morning and all I can say is.....

wow!

none of them even had a frayed fin. they all arrived in excellent shape and, after acclimation, they are all doing excellent.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow when I get the tank lights back on. I just love my giant pidgeon blood with the black chin. he will be known as blackbeard the Discus.
    ACA life member

Registered Member

I have purchased from Tony back in August and was pleased with my order.My only problem was the amount of peppering on the red melons that I purchased.Let me know you opinion.

Thanks Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast