AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sunrisetropicals ?

Default Re: sunrisetropicals ?

Tony sells beautiful fish. Buying melons, pigeon bloods and the like through the mail is a chance we all take for amount of peppering. Fish will also show increased darker peppering due to stress, background and dark substrate. Nature of these varieties.. Best to pick out in person but that can't always be done. Have good quality water, light colored background and light substrate to keep fish from showing a lot of its peppering.

Quote Originally Posted by dpt8 View Post
    Tony sells beautiful fish. Buying melons, pigeon bloods and the like through the mail is a chance we all take for amount of peppering. Fish will also show increased darker peppering due to stress, background and dark substrate. Nature of these varieties.. Best to pick out in person but that can't always be done. Have good quality water, light colored background and light substrate to keep fish from showing a lot of its peppering.
    You are so right about peppering from environment variables. I bought two PB's from a LFS. When I picked them out there was very little peppering. I have documented how they have changed over many months with a black background and substrate.
    For details see:
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=66212
    Do not eat natural food...I used to eat a lot of natural food until I heard most people die of natural causes.

Registered Member Discus_Dezign's Avatar

I just did my second purchase by mail with Sunrise Tropical. Tony is a great guy to work with whom I think has great customer service. My fishes came at the right time 10am just like he said. He might be a little high but hey like Harriett I have to watch myself since I was robbed by RFI. I order two GLSS and two GLs but when I talked to Tony before the shipment was due he told me the GLs were getting picked on by the GLSSs so he gave me two GRingLs instead to cover the GLs. When the shipment came in this morning the GRingLs were, WOW, a little over 3 inches with the rings alrady showing and in top shape and the GLSSs was just as beautiful. I wouldn't mind ordering from Tony again but need to wait till he gets more GLs but the White Cloud Leopards look amazing Surise Discus I give it

Like most member said Tony discus are beautiful but he doesn't have alot nice body shape for his fish and abit price, not like sponsor in simply. Here some picture my Albino WB that I receive them 12:17pm, and the bag was linking and the water was cold. I'm sure 100% that I will not ever buy discus from sunrise tropical
    Hendri
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hedut; 01-27-2009 at 08:05 PM.

I too bought Discus from Tony at Sunrise and they arrived 100% okay, barely even a frayed fin to be found. Hendri, I am surprised that you had this problem. Have you discussed it with Tony? If not, you definiately should call him and talk about the problem.
    Connie
    So Many Fish... So Little Tank Space

I have inquired about his discus in the past.(Sunrise tropical about 2 years ago) seemed like to get extra pictures was a hard to do request for him. Especially for his pricetags. I like to see what I am buying no matter what..Too much personal information up front to purchase discus... So for the best I just looked anywhere I can find quality discus for sale and make my own decision.. Thank god that Simply was and still is here. Would not buy another discus outside these sponsors here. Top quality fish, Top quality sponsors and easy to work with ...Just my hand experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by moik View Post
    I have inquired about his discus in the past.(Sunrise tropical about 2 years ago) seemed like to get extra pictures was a hard to do request for him. Especially for his pricetags. I like to see what I am buying no matter what..Too much personal information up front to purchase discus... So for the best I just looked anywhere I can find quality discus for sale and make my own decision.. Thank god that Simply was and still is here. Would not buy another discus outside these sponsors here. Top quality fish, Top quality sponsors and easy to work with ...Just my hand experiences.

I'm agree with you, just thinking to I won't buy discus anymore if not from simply sponsor. Anyway just for you information that fist isn't my first purchase with him. I still have my 2 Lss and blood pigeon until now.
    Hendri

I am not trying to insinuate anyhting. Sunrise just seemed to complicated to deal with.. I like buying groups of 6-8-10 fish of the same strain at one time. When he gives you one picture (on the web-site)of a fish and says they are grade A and that they are all the same, that does not fly fom me. If I were to buy 8 fish and saw one picture of one fish ,I am going to request photos of the whole group for sale to make my mind up. Never had that problem with Simply sponsors. For example one fish is $100.00X 8 =$800.00 plus shipping. For that kind of money can you please send additional photos. Especially when you live on one side of the USA and he's on the other side. Also requested too much personal info before he would send more pictures, sorry that is too much for me to buy fish off of you. Simply sponsors either show enough pictures or they will e-mail you more without a problem. We should all feel fortunate to have these sponsors here at Simply.I am very sorry you and your fish have had a bad experience and hopefully everything will work out.

Bought from Tony and he is a great guy with really nice fish, He sends exactly what I ask for and the fish look even better then the pics. I live in NY so its across country too, but never a problem with health. He won't even ship a fish if he thinks its not looking healthy the day of shipping.
    Mark

Tony is a busy guy with his shop but will definately take the time to take your order from the other side this country and pick out exactly what you ask for.. ive ordered like 3 times in past from him..great packing always..
    iM CURED FROM THE DiSCUS ADDiCTiON .. GETTiNG OUT THE HOBBY ..

But the fact is happen with me, here picture of my last two purchase with him,their fine. "Anything can happen in this world"
    http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/sh...=21447&page=22
    Hendri

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

Did you contact Tony about your purchase?
    Shipping problems happen.
    Or maybe someone who shouldn't have been packing them was?

It's much better to communicate with someone before coming on here showing fish so that both sides have had a chance to resolve the situation.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

He gave me credit, but that Albino WB already sold out. I won't buy fish from him anymore.
    Hendri

Registered Member Greg Richardson's Avatar

OK. Now that is at least letting everyone know more of the situation and it can be up to them to decide to buy or not.

I just like to see more of the picture here then just what was posted.

I can certainly understand your position.
    We work hard for our money and have expectations once we spend it that should be met.
    http://www.atthegateministries.org/index.html

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hedut View Post
    I won't buy fish from him anymore.
    Hendri
    You would if you visit his store. I have been there many times and his fish are impressive and huge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast