ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Beef heart Flake food

Registered Member

Default Beef heart Flake food

Has anyone tired this beef heart flake food I see here and there on the web? If so, how are the fish responding to it? Thanks

Default Re: Beef heart Flake food

i tried feeding BH flakes i got from angelplus but my fish didnt really liked it that much, so i just added it to my BH mix
    benedict

Tried it once and never again. Fish don't even look at it. It just ended up clouding up my water. I ended up using it in my mix. Don't even bother buying it. I would say though that spirulina flake is more beneficial and less costly.

~AKA~

Registered Member

Well, I took the plunge and made a purchase from Angels Plus of the beef heart flake. My fish did not take to it the first two times I tried to feed it to them, they just looked and it and let it hit the bottom of the tank. I did the first feed in the morning thing with the flakes and I guess since they were so hungry from not eating over nite that they gobbled it up! I have been using it about once a day, closer to every other day and they have been eating it pretty good. The cost was $5.50 for 8 oz of flake in a pretty decent zip lock bag. This is the info on the label from Angels plus, protein 46%, fat 10%, fiber 3% and moisture 10% Beef heart is listed fifth on the ingredients list behind fish meal, soy meal, shrimp meal and wheat flour. I also use the San Francisco brand frozen beef heart cubes along with Hikari bw cubes and frozen brine shrimp. Any oponions or advice on this feeding list? Thanks for your help, Brian

Registered Member

Mine eat it also.

Registered Member

just an update on the beef heart flake, all is well and they are eating it really good. I am thinking of mixing it with some Ocean Nutrition forumla 1 food and see how it goes. I have 8 three inch juvies and they are eating both of those flake foods well.