AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Which Sponsor of this site has the best fish?

Registered Member

Default Which Sponsor of this site has the best fish?

If I buy my discus from a sponsor, which one do you recommend?
    Last edited by CammieTime; 11-15-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling error

Banned

Smile Re: Which Sponsor of this site has the best fish?

At any given time, anyone of the sponsors may have the best fish available. Some import, some breed, some do both. I'd suggest you look at the current shipments lists from the various sponsors and choose the discus you like best. Review their Itrader responses as well. I would try and look at the most current inventories first.

Be careful in your choice. Don't by on a whim. It is best and wait until you see some you really want. Don't regret your choice. Be selective.

Mat

Default Re: Which Sponsor of this site has the best fish?

I have purchased from several sponsors on this site. I don't think you can go wrong buying from any of them. It comes down to what they have available at the time you want them.

i agree. you cant say best..as they all go out of their way to get good stock and please their customers. they all offer different fish and some homebred., etc.
    also depends where you live and which shipper can ship easily to your area. if you could find one close by where you could go handpick and get tips and see their stock etc. its a bonus.
    i would also spend some time talking to them on the fone. gives you a better feel for who they are and how willing to please and have your best interests at heart. also get some help and guidance in choosing sometimes.

Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: Which Sponsor of this site has the best fish?

Hello,

I recently purchased Discus from Kenny's Discus (Kenny Cheung) who is a sponsor here. I can tell you that the communication was excellent and the Discus were/are extremely healthy, beautiful and acclimated right away to my tank. They were triple bagged very carefully and in excellent condition upon arrival to my home in Michigan. Kenny is in California. I am very happy all around with our transaction. My Discus ate out of my hands the first time I fed them!

I am sure there are other fine Sponsors here to purchase from as well, this is just my experience with Kenny so wanted to pass it along to you. Good luck, I am sure you cannot go wrong buying from those listed here.

Anna

They are all sponsors because they have amazing discus. You will never ever go wrong buying from anyone of them. So to say who's best would be easy they are all the best
    nicole

I agree with everyone so far. It also depends on what you are looking for in a discus, Homegrown, wild, import(German, Asian etc). Take your time, be sure of what you want, then look for what sponsor can meet that goal.
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Registered Member

I went to the one that was closest to me here in MI. Cary strong. So I could look at what I am buying. I couldn't think of having them shipped to me, but maybe your lfs, but dont buy on the spot, keep going back and see if they do take care of their fish. I wont buy anything from the pet smart or pet superstores at all. I still buy from the mom and pop stores though.

Pick one of them that are the closest to you and give em a call. I bet a friendship will ensue...
    Mark