ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Australian Discus Show?

Default Re: An Australian Discus Show?

Hey, I don'd mind cleaning Rod's fish tanks, as long as I get to sit and stare at the Discus!

You don't mind cleaning probably x many hundred tanks huh?...ok cool.YOU clean the tanks and WE'LL sit around drinking a brewmaster import and look at the fish..we don't need seats, we can just pow wow on the floor..

he has snakes...that come up from behind his house to eat you if you sit on the grass. : 0
    and if you sit on his bricks..then they are filled with ant eggs for his beefheart mix. lol.
    he could make you help him expand his fishroom to fill in whats left of his back yard..bring nails, hammer, drill, saw, level, hard hat..
    there has been some good discus shows in oz. i saw the pics.
    can i come for your discus club meeting? lol. oops..forgot no passport yet. but..im doing it..very soon..cause i have full intentions of going ot singapore.

there is still some shows here in oz , i know that the brisbane show has a fish comp with discus , and there is a guy that lives in brissy that has some awesome fish and shows them there every year , i have sen some of his other fish too and they look good to me ,

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by A1 Aquarium World View Post
    Count me in for any meeting,It's always great spending time at Rods and having a chat !

cheers
    Always a pleasure having you over mate. I'll get up to Townsville in the not too distant future and come and visit if i can, it has been a long time since i was there but i have fond memories of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    Dude, I think that means he wants us to do his tank maintenance for him......

He did say ALL WELCOME - Lets go!!!!

yep, glad we got that straight. But good workers get free discus to take home....

Rod? Do you feel like you are being ambushed???

all in good fun...

Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    Hey, I don'd mind cleaning Rod's fish tanks, as long as I get to sit and stare at the Discus!
    Eddie, i like your attitude my friend. Your in.

You don't mind cleaning probably x many hundred tanks huh?...ok cool.YOU clean the tanks and WE'LL sit around drinking a brewmaster import and look at the fish..we don't need seats, we can just pow wow on the floor..
    only 180 tanks. Yikes!! Seems so many when i say it like that. But it keeps me busy and i love my fish.

If your gunna sit on the floor i might suggest a swim suit, the floor often resembles a tributary of the amazon. Otherwise i have milk crates and step ladders

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    he has snakes...that come up from behind his house to eat you if you sit on the grass. : 0
    and if you sit on his bricks..then they are filled with ant eggs for his beefheart mix. lol.
    he could make you help him expand his fishroom to fill in whats left of his back yard..bring nails, hammer, drill, saw, level, hard hat..
    there has been some good discus shows in oz. i saw the pics.
    can i come for your discus club meeting? lol. oops..forgot no passport yet. but..im doing it..very soon..cause i have full intentions of going ot singapore.
    Well i've told Sue you are coming to Singapore, i'm trying to get her to go but she doesn't like to travel o/s. Maybe! But i'm going.

It's a pity the oz show and the ADA folded, not that i was a member of the ADA or anything, but i went to a couple of the shows and i thought they were well presented with some excellent discus on display. I'd go to another show for sure if there is ever one.

Quote Originally Posted by sbowler View Post
    there is still some shows here in oz , i know that the brisbane show has a fish comp with discus , and there is a guy that lives in brissy that has some awesome fish and shows them there every year , i have sen some of his other fish too and they look good to me ,
    That would be Allan Clarke from A&K Tropical you are referring too Scott, yes he gets some nice discus in from Malaysia and displays them each year at the rna show. It's great to see the discus represented.

I normally see him around the traps every now and then, and have a chat with him, but he has been very quiet lately. Someone told me he is not really doing much with discus these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    ...only 180 tanks. ....
    didja get that Eddie? 180...one hundred AND eighty..

Hey...180, that just means more Discus to see! And did you hear, free discus! I'm not sure how customs would feel about it if I go commercial.

I once lugged 4 real nice Wadimi Discus from Baltimore to Portugal in my carry-on. Nobody ever figured it out and that 2005, I couldn't imagine getting away with that one nowadays!

well, sounds like it's all happening if only Rod lived in in NSW

It was a real shame ADA folded, I went to their last meeting, looking to join up. Just after that, they had their AGM & decided to fold

hope it wasn't me
    Cheers
    Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by basshead View Post
    .......Nobody ever figured it out and that 2005, I couldn't imagine getting away with that one nowadays!
    With all the things you could get caught with, I'm sure if customs told you to freeze, drop the bag, back away, then they look inside and see, you got pretty round FISH!!! I hear howls of laughter.."Houston, we have a problem...we can't stop laughing"...."we need to confiscate these fish, as they constitute a threat to our National Security, the fish COULD be a weapon of mass destruction...wait just let me confirm that, yes, the pretty round fish ARE a weapon of mass destruction. Sir Bas, you are in a LOT of trouble. Would you like to call your LFS?"....or the person who just gave you these 500 fish after you spent ooo I don't know, 180 tanks x at least about 8 minutes wiping down(inside AND out!), cleaning detrius, water changes on some if not all..add ten...multiply by 180...I guess you'll be about 64 by the time you finish....and your 40 year old "FREE" fish won't be a threat to National Security anymore...

Hey Robyn

Were there many members?...cos, we got 4 or 5 now (in how many square feet of Australia? That IS sad..) We could web cam the meetings and hold the AGM OFFICIALLY at say, I don't know, Ningaloo Reef, Great Keppel Island,the Amazon... (watch the membership soar to 6 now..)
    If you say the keywords "REEF" or "ISLAND", it get's their attention...see mate, it's all about the MARKETING.....
    Last edited by Roxanne; 11-23-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling error

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hehehehehe....You're funny Roxanne.

The Great Barrier Reef would be good!!!! Count me in!!!!!

Just found this thread, and had a good laugh this morning....thanks.

I would fly to Sydney from Melbourne and meet fellow discus keepers no worries........maybe l could also fit in a small marlin fishing trip as well.....what do you say Darren?
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Quote Originally Posted by two utes
    Hehehehehe....You're funny Roxanne
    she sure is.

I'd love to be able to say "I could fly here" or "I could fly there" for a discus meeting or show - but it's just outside my budget to do it

Any spare cash I can find, I'm putting aside to buy wild discus (if I can find some more) so, I have none left for trips.

Sounds great though .... if in Sydney, of course, that changes things
    Cheers
    Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Hehehehehe....Count me in!!!!!
    oo, I knew 2 utes would be down with the idea...what's that now, 7?

Hey Robin, We could offer 'em Cockatoo Island...

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

This time last year l flew up to Townsville, and while l was there l was lucky enough to catch up with Darren from A1 Aquarium World and saw all his beautiful discus. It was this time last year that the First Discus challenge started.
    Would not hesitate to catch up for a discus exhibition.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Quote Originally Posted by TankWatcher View Post
    she sure is.

I'd love to be able to say "I could fly here" or "I could fly there" for a discus meeting or show - but it's just outside my budget to do it ...;
    yeah, me too, I was just going to sell my youngest children....that's why I suggested Cockatoo Island....

but flights to BRISBANE or TOWNSVILLE are pretty cheap nowadays....

Registered Member

Hey Darren,
    Have you ever shown any of your fish at any of the shows or been involved with the shows at all

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast