ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: All Over Red Rover

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default All Over Red Rover

With the results in for the 'First Annual Discus Hobbyist Challenge', l would like to congratulate Scott for taking the honors in the American leg of the challenge.
    But l would also like to congratulate the other challengers, and control groups for their hard work and participation.
    By reading your reports along the way l was able to get an idea if l was on the right track. And as you know some us us were de railed a few times, but managed to climb back on and continue.
    A very big thank you to Darren, and Al for donating and shipping the discus to us all, and also to the Simply Discus team for judging and sponsors for donating the prizes.
    I feel privileged to have been apart of this very first challenge, and hope to see more of them in the future....l know l will be one of the on lookers replying to the reports and asking questions.
    Thanks also to everyone that left comments to my posts along the way, as this is what kept me going....people's interest.

I just wanted to post the last lot of photos that l submitted to Al, but will add more photos in the near future.

The challenge is over....but the water changes and maintenance will continue.

We're here for a good time...not a long time

Default Re: All Over Red Rover

Hey Joe. I new u would win. I must say, u were the most dedicated w/the updates and also presented a good show along the way. U def. deserve this award. I am sooo happy for u. Make sure u post ur awards so we all can see what we missed out on
    Hope we hear from u from now on also. I will miss u if i don;t hear from u
    The discus love is here bud!!!!
    Eileen

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks Eileen. Yes l will take some photos of me next to my discus tank when l receive it, and post them here for you all to see.
    You will definitely see me around here, as discus keeping presents many challenges...my next challenge is having my own discus breed. I have had them lay eggs many times, and just looking forward to getting to wiggler stage for now.
    I am sure l will find all the answers to my problems here....so you won't be getting rid of me that easily.

Registered Member Darren's Discus's Avatar

Joe the comp may be over but the challenge continues for as long as we keep discus..i hope you get to breed them and as eileen said don't be a stranger.

cheers
    Darren Burgess
    Townsville Queensland Australia
    townsvillerocks@gmail.com

Registered Member

A very big congrats Joe for the win and also all who participated in the competition for your great input

It was a fantastic journey, watching the fish transform from arrival to adult hood, I hope others have soaked up good info from this like I have

Hope all goes well for you all

Regards
    Armandi

Good job Joe, congratulations on the win. Very nice fish, they turned out to be.
    Cheers
    Robyn

Hey 2utes! Are they the same fish in the top two pics? Im lovin the colour variations. Great job mate! Go you Aussie!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Yes they are Roxanne. That is the one l chose for the final. And from the same batch of fries that you just won in the Auction. Nice work by the way!
    If you want to see the rest of them, you can search through some of my other threads here. There are also a fair few video clips of them to.
    Thanks for your comment