ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: ON Prime Reef

Default ON Prime Reef

Hey all,

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Been feeding my Discus twice daily with this flake and they love it. Even the picky eaters take it along with my Heckel. This stuff is packed with protein and claims to be useful for marine and freshwater fish. It will remain my choice for flake food.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod...10/product.web

Taken from the overview for the product.

This food is nutritionally enriched for flavor and coloration. It is a natural blend of pure marine protein from the coral reef and creates an exciting flavor that marine tropical fish cannot resist. It is also excellent for freshwater tropical fish. Contains vitamins, immune boosters and is low in phosphorous and ash.

Eddie
    Last edited by Eddie; 12-14-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Banned

Thumbs up Re: ON Prime Reef

I picked this one up last week, too, Eddie. Ocean Nutrition certainly makes a flake that appeals to the discus taste buds. This is the 4th product I've tried, and my discus went for all 4 immediately. I like the protein and fat content, both good for growing out young ones. I also like the seafood contents.

Brine Shrimp Plus
    Formula One
    Discus Flakes
    Prime Reef

All excellant choices for someone looking for a flake to integrate into their feeding scheme.

Mat

Default Re: ON Prime Reef

I picked this one up last week, too, Eddie. Ocean Nutrition certainly makes a flake that appeals to the discus taste buds. This is the 4th product I've tried, and my discus went for all 4 immediately. I like the protein and fat content, both good for growing out young ones. I also like the seafood contents.
    Ocean Nutrition definitely knows how to make it right!

I like that it's packed with vitamins and immune boosters. I only feed them this flake with my auto feeder while I am at work. At home its beefheart and tetrabits. I'm gonna stop FBW all together. I think it's best for my fish.

Eddie
    Visit Eddie's Place

Just to put another twist on this flake. It really brings the reds out in my fish. I started this flake about 2 weeks back and my fish are showing amazing reds. Even my Heckel is showing nice bright reds in the dorsal and anal fins.

Ingredients:
    A fresh seafood mix including (salmon fillets, Euphausia pacific plankton, squid, salmon eggs or salmon egg oil, Euphausia superba plankton or krill hydrolysate, sea clams or sea urchin, kelp, herring, adult brine shrimp, brine shrimp nauplii), MPAX(Marine Protein Amino eXtract: fish meals, hydrolysate, select amino acids (arginine, histidine, isoeucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine), magnesium sulfate, vitamin premix (ascorbic acid, stabilized vitamin C, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, d-pantothenic acid, riboflavin, niacin, menadione, folacin, cholecalciferol, biotin, thiamin, retinol, pyrdoxine, cyanocobalamin), carotenoid pigments (canthaxanthin or astaxanthin), artificial color, ethoxyquin.

I believe the carotenoid pigments are reason for the red.

Take care,
    Eddie
    Last edited by Eddie; 12-17-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Francis

Hi Eddie,

I been using Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes for several months and the discus loves them....also fed them with ON Marine Formula One & Two pellets too.

Cheers
    Francis

Hi Frances,

I use them all too, ON makes flake food the fish really eat, and its good for them! Take care.
    Mark