AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Backyard Discus Feedback

Registered Member

Talking Backyard Discus Feedback

These two guys are awsome. My discus where shipped in winter conditions and still arrived alive and happy. I was surprised to see how alert they became after warming up a bit. None of them ran to go hide for a corner like I have had in the past. They answered any and all questions I had and I have spoke with them both for many hours. This was the best experience I have ever had ordering discus in and I will continue to order my discus from Andy and John in the future and have told all my discus friends how great this experience was. I can't thank you guys enough for all that you have done for me.

Default Re: Backyard Discus Feedback

Pictures please
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Registered Member

I sent Andy and John photos of my tank and they have posted a pic of the one fish I bought off them on their website... I will be waiting a bit longer to take other photos because the fish need to color back up. But I will definitly be posting photos of my discus tank.

i met them personally..a few weeks back. they were very good hosts and we all enjoyed our visit. nice fishroom setup.

Why can't you take some pic's like before and after they color back-up. How bad looking could they be from just being shipped and then in your own tank... Jim in Ohio

Registered Member

They are already starting to get their color back. They where shipped when it was very very cold out so they lost some color to them. But they are getting it back. Especially the albinos. I also need to know how to post pics here so if anyone can pm me how... that would be great. Also kinda hard to take pics of the camera shy discus... they dont mind me coming to the tank but when I have a camera... they hide. Normally I dont have much time before work to sit and wait for the best time while holding the camera.
    Last edited by philip69285; 12-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Registered Member

Well Im going to try posting some pics... so i hope they work LOL. I also ordered 5 more discus for me and 1 for a friend from Andy and John. I was far to excited putting them in my tank I forgot to snap pics of them... but the colors where amazing on them. Ill be posting pics of them tomorrow for sure. Not the best pictures but they are all I have for now. All those discus you see are from Andy and John... I have a lot more those ones just wanted to pose for me that day.

Registered Member

This is on of the new strains they have. The checkerboard pigeon. The others are just as pretty.

Hey Philip,
    Thanks for the great post! So what color strain should Andy I get for our next shipment? Along with others of course..
    Best Regards,
    John Rowedder
    www.backyarddiscusllc.com

I purchased some fish from Backyard and it was a bad snow day here in NY. One of the fish was DOA, which Andrew immediately gave me credit for. The other two (Alencer Red and Santareme) looked very stressed, but in a day or two they were up and out. I have pics of them on his website under my name - Jamie. I am very pleased with them and would buy again. Andrew was very helpful.
    Last edited by BABYJIZAY; 02-24-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Spelling